Joe's 1988 323 GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe's 1988 323 GTX

Hello, this will be my first post on any forum! I've been on this forum reading peoples build for about a week now and decided it's time to make my own.

Here is the Car the way I bought it. ( The photos were taken by the previous owner )

Click image for larger version

Name:	323gtx1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	1267437

Name:	323gtx2.jpg
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	1267438

Name:	323gtx5(2).jpg
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	1267439

Name:	323gtx6.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	1267440

I will take more pictures tomorrow and hopefully post them too.

Also, I'm fairly new to the GTX's so I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions once I get the chance to work on it.

Quick question, Does anyone have the Owners Manual for the GTX ? Or know where I can get it online and print it out myself.

Comment

welcome!! there are a few manuals floating around the internet. i'll see if i have any. if i do i'll let ya know.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thank-you, I've looked online for one to download but so far no luck. And the 88 Manual is the Yellow 3 ringed book right?

Comment

PM me your email address
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I started right away on my build. The first step is take everything out!

Name:	IMG_0795.jpg
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	1229891

Name:	IMG_0796.jpg
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	1229892

Name:	IMG_0797.jpg
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	1229893

Name:	IMG_0798.jpg
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	1229894

Name:	IMG_0799.jpg
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	1229895

Does anyone know what this is used for?

Name:	IMG_0801.jpg
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	1229896

The real inspector doing his job!

Name:	IMG_0807.jpg
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	1229897

Name:	IMG_0805.jpg
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	1229899

The throttle seems to be going back slowly causing the car to rev once you release the gas pedal. I believe it's from the spring not being tight enough. Is it a possible fix or do I need to replace it?

Name:	IMG_0808.jpg
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	1229898

The previous owner ended up cutting out some of the hood to fit the huge waste gate ( Now I need to find a new hood )

Name:	IMG_0811.jpg
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	1229900

Also, I'm in search of a new cluster! Digital or Regular doesn't matter. Mine isn't working properly (N) If anyone has one or knows where I can get one in Canada that would be great!

Comment

pm trailrider098, i know he has a bunch of spare gauges, oh also nice seats!

NW MAZDAS

Comment

did you get my email?

Comment

Thank-you I'll pm him now.
                  And yes I did get your email. Thank's
                  Last edited by Turpro; 12-04-2011, 06:56 PM. Reason: Post a proper fs thread

Comment

hope it helps!!!

Comment

Not likely the spring.Try unlooping the throtle cable and maually goosing it.If its slow to reset id check the pivots on the throttle.Most likely the cable though.

Comment

I just noticed the white gtx in the back,are you the guy who was on this site earlier "joe orange" or something?Or did you buy that off him recently?

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                          hope it helps!!!
                          It will thank's!

Thank's Nick I'll try that tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Also I got your pm and I responded.

And the GTX in the garage is my Dads he bought it from someone who used these forums before I can't remember his name but I set up an account for him to use and just put my name because he's not too advanced with computers haha.

Comment

Ah,thought I'd recognized it.That should have an old engine of mine in it.
                            Oh and that mysterious hole in the floor is for contrabrand

Comment

Oh yeah, since he bought it it's been sitting in the garage :p It had no oil in it though, I don't know if it was leaking or it was just dry.

And since that hole is for contraband, I have a good idea as what I should use it for!

And a little update, I'm still alive and so is the project. The car is going to be sitting for the winter because my garage is taken -.-' So I can't work on it in the sub zero temps outside. I am planning on meeting with Ralph from CSC Racing shortly after Jan. 9th to design a roll cage for the car. And then get the car ready for paint! I'm going with Gun Metal Gray paint, and white rims. ( Before anyone criticizes my favorite colour is Gray and that's the colour I'm going with. ) And, I'm planning on customizing my dash and wrapping it in swede so that's on the to do list with a bunch of other stuff for example; take the engine and tranny out then start a complete tear down, pick up 2 racing seats and 5 point harnesses pick up a new steering wheel, shifter knob, new pedals, and whatever else I need along the way.

Also Nick, sorry for not coming up there sooner. I have no wheels! I am on EI ( Employment Insurance ) due to an injury at work so money is really tight and the daily driven 89 Toyota Corolla has to sit with no insurance. It's for sale if anyone is interested ?! :p It's just a basic Toyota Corolla, 4 door sedan. Not a cressida or AE86 I'm asking $1000.00 firm.

Comment

Working...
                              X