Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can i get this rear suspension part that fits on the backend to purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can i get this rear suspension part that fits on the backend to purchase?

Greetings all, I'm looking for this suspension component to purchase however I'm unable to find it. What is the correct name for it & where can i get it to purchase?

Here is a pic of the part that I'm looking for circled in green.

Last edited by mazkam; 12-12-2011, 11:15 AM.

Its called a lateral link iirc. Try carparts.com
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
      Its called a lateral link iirc. Try carparts.com
      I thought it was only the one on the side towards the gas tank was called lateral link. Whenever I search online for lateral link, the one closer to the fuel tank always comes up n never the one that I have in the pic. This have me wondering if the part in the pic is still being made.

Comment

TTL for short
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

URG! had 4 paragraphs typed hit a wrong key gone!... argggh!

Lateral Links: there are (4) of them, (2) left & (2) Right they are placed Left-to-right (laterally) from the centerline of the chassis. They attach tot he sides of the rear knuckle/hub assembly

Trailing Arms: there are (2) of them. (1) left & (1) Right, they extend front to back from the uni-body (floor pan) to the lower, center of the knuckle/hub assembly.

86-89 323, 88-89 Mercury Tracer, 90-94 Mercury Capri... all engines in 2WD format, use the same SIX rear controls arms. Any Pick-n-Pull or Pick-u-Part will have all kinds of cars to choose from.

there are aftermarket (poly urethane) bushings available with a lil work. The biggest challenge is getting the damn stuff apart. Minimum MAAP torch and LOTs of Kroll or PB Blaster and long breaker bars...

OR if you REALLY wanna get crazy make tubular replacements with heim joints... too bad the homestead site is dead.

Rob

Comment

Rockauto.com has them new
            1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
            1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
            www.werbatfik.com

Comment

unfortunately rockauto.com now only shows the front lower arms and the forward rear lateral link/control arm... not the rear flat lateral link.

I know they used to list the rear link.

Rob

Comment

ya the only place ive found the rear links is mazda. dont quote me on it but i think a 90 protege will fit

Comment

The protege lateral links will not fit the 2wd BF
                  1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
                  1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
                  www.werbatfik.com

Comment

From the time i made this thread it was 2 weeks ago i notice that they are now available @ Rockauto.com. Seeing them on rockauto website was a welcome sight as thats where shop for most of my bf replacement parts. Will be ordering a pair this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                    X