Noise when stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noise when stopping

My car is making a metal grinding noise when I apply the brakes, not the whole time the brakes are applied just seconds before i come to a stop. It isn't the rotors or pads I have cxhecked them and they are good. I am thining that it is a wheel bearing??? I'm not too sure any ideas?
    oh and it it matters it's from the passenger side front....

Thanks guys

does it sound like a rumbling(the best way i could describe), and do you feel alot of pedal vibration?
    i hate being broke!

Comment

Check the metal shield that protects the rotor. If its bent a little it may be touching the rotor and thus making that grinding noise. This has happened to me on a few occasions.
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
      -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

i have a problem with bad vibration when braking. is it the rotors or pads, or both?
        i hate being broke!

Comment

vibration is warpped rotors, change or resurface your rotors

wouldnt hurt to change you pads after too
          No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

I had allready checked the shields and it didn't help.....it feels exactly like the rotors are warped, but I have checked them and they are fine...so are the pads.... can any one think of anything else? Oh well I guess I will just wait untill something fails and then install my LX brakes all areound...

Comment

make sure its coming from the front, i had the same problem on my 00, right before i would come to a complete stop it would grind, i swore it was coming from pass front, and after about 2 weeks i took apart my rears and the pass side rear front shoe was blown apart.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
              X