were are the motor mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

were are the motor mods?

hey here i just moved to the board to. got a ? why are most sigs on everone all stereo mods:gives were are the hp mods? duz any one no? :
    GOT MORE THAN YOU

There's not many engine mods you can do to a protege besides I/H/E, or a turbo swap.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
      There's not many engine mods you can do to a protege besides I/H/E, or a turbo swap.
      what about cams/ pistons/ flywheel/ clutch/ intake manifold/injectors /pulleys etc..... oh btw i got a little stereo to
      GOT MORE THAN YOU

Comment

There have been a few people trying to build 3rd gen motors. But most people are just bolting on the usual. I haven't seen any of those people posting over here yet.
        2002 Silver ES 5-Speed
        1983 F-150 351W

Comment

I will be building up my motor. First mods will be I/H/E of course, Injen CAI, Racingbeat CatBack, dunno what headers. Then I know someone who will port/polish my head. Then I'm gonna get some custom cams made, then upgrade the pistons/rods. Mucho $$ but well worth the power output, then after that I may throw on a turbo and run way more than if it were just bolted on to a stock motor. :D
          2003 Pure White Mazda Protege5
          Zoom On!

Comment

yeah unless you want to spend tons of money, its pretty much basic bolt ons.
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

hrm...maybe some of us don't feel like crowding our sig with every single camshaft, injector, cam gear, blow-off valve, fuel management option that we have. I could go on...
              01 Protege 2.0
              Turbo

Comment

my mods:

injen intake, j-spec cams, UR underdrive pulley, eibach springs, short-throw, mazdaspeed axel back, 1.8L ignition coil (larger coils), 1.8L plug wires, '02 626 valve cover (my engine looks like the FS-ZE), denso iridium plugs...

next mods: j-spec high compression pistons, j-spec intake manifold, header (racingmazda)

you can find most of this stuff at www.corksport.com
                2003 Spicy MSP

2003 Mazda Protege5 - traded

2001 Mazda MP3 #1476 - sold

Comment

i was planning on going with the HiBoost turbo...but my wife wants to get herself a mazdaspeed...so i'll have to save up some other time.
                  2003 Spicy MSP

2003 Mazda Protege5 - traded

2001 Mazda MP3 #1476 - sold

Comment

There is actually alot of things you can do to build your motor besides turbo or nos. Start with the normal I/H/E then you can get the J-spec cams they are said to increase power by about 12hp, Tripoint engineering makes adjustable cam gears. Then you could try the mazdaspeed high compression pistons I think they are 10.7:1. There is a company called Thomas Knight turbo he makes a stoker kit to a 2.2 liter I don't know how much or what compression he offers it in but it is worth checking it out. You can also get a lightened fly wheel from indigo or fidanza and clutchmasters and ACT offer clutches to.

Comment

Re: were are the motor mods?

Originally posted by sniper
                      hey here i just moved to the board to. got a ? why are most sigs on everone all stereo mods:gives were are the hp mods? duz any one no? :
                      that's cuz stereo mods are more important

Comment

Originally posted by impact
                        There is a company called Thomas Knight turbo he makes a stoker kit to a 2.2 liter I don't know how much or what compression he offers it in but it is worth checking it out.
                        No, its not worth checking out. Knight products are WORTHLESS
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

T There is a company called Thomas Knight turbo he makes a stoker kit to a 2.2 liter I don't know how much or what compression he offers it in but it is worth checking it out.
                          Our motors are already stroked.
                          2002.5 Mazda Protege 5 MTX

My Mods
                          FOR SALE: Dual 12" Bandpass Enclosure

Comment

But this kit bumps it up to a 2.2 liter

Comment

But this kit bumps it up to a 2.2 liter
                              You could probably do the same with a crank from an F2. And it would be a better product than ANYTHING that came from Tom/Thomas/Jeff/Geoff Knight
                              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
                              X