gtx strut bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gtx strut bar

I just scored a front strut bar from ebay with the help of "mt323" on the yahoo site,probably on this site as well.Its for a 1st generation neon, its a very close fit and going to need a wee bit of tweaking.Its built well as far as I can tell and cost me a whopping $36 to my door up here in Canada!Best deal for the Gtx I've had in a long time.If you need one(want one) its a score."excessmotoring"on ebay.(no affiliation with them)
    NickZ

Originally posted by nickz View Post
    I just scored a front strut bar from ebay with the help of "mt323" on the yahoo site,probably on this site as well.Its for a 1st generation neon, its a very close fit and going to need a wee bit of tweaking.Its built well as far as I can tell and cost me a whopping $36 to my door up here in Canada!Best deal for the Gtx I've had in a long time.If you need one(want one) its a score."excessmotoring"on ebay.(no affiliation with them)
    NickZ
    Hi Nickz, can you post pictures and maybe the ebay item number or th neon model, I am from Europe and neons are not available over here. Was there any welding or intensive work involved?

cheers

Comment

They were sold in Europe as well. Chrysler produced them in 1995 or so. Not sure how many were sold, however.

Comment

Thats exactly what I bought.first generation dodge neon.It will need very little grinding to fit perfectly,the gtx strut tower is slightly oval,so some material should be removed on the inside and outside of the black bracket thats bolted to the housing.
        I put a "want to buy" on the yahoo site and bought a old used tubular steel front brace also.I'm planning on putting the aluminum ebay bar on the rear,it should need one drill hole in the bracket and fit fine.Not as good as it would fit on the front though. The ebay bar will fit nice and tight up front.

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-STR...sories&vxp=mtr
          Thats exactly what I bought.first generation dodge neon.It will need very little grinding to fit perfectly,the gtx strut tower is slightly oval,so some material should be removed on the inside and outside of the black bracket thats bolted to the housing.
          I put a "want to buy" on the yahoo site and bought a old used tubular steel front brace also.I'm planning on putting the aluminum ebay bar on the rear,it should need one drill hole in the bracket and fit fine.Not as good as it would fit on the front though. The ebay bar will fit nice and tight up front.
          Hi, will this one also fit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120799389381

cheers

Comment

beats me,it looks awfully tall at the strut towers.it looks beefier though.
            the first one is built suprisingly well.

Comment

Working...
            X