Anybody have a bike rack??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have a bike rack??

I am getting a mountain bike and will get a rack for the trunk and was wondering if it will wear any paint off the vehicle. Also, I have a factory spoiler and was wondering if that gets in the way. The roof type? I don't know if it is doable because of the sunroof.
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

yes with all bike racks unless you are super super cautious and pad everything there will be a bit of paint wear. also I think the spoiler may get in the way, i'm always used roof racks, but don't have any for my protege yet.
    Visit My Garage

Comment

I have a trunk rack from Rhode Gear (don't remember the exact model) and have been fairly pleased with it. The only paint issuse I have is scratches from the bike's pedals because no matter how careful I am I always manage to hit the car
      Personal 1/4 mile: 57 sec @ 14 mph
      Haven't tried with the pro yet...

Comment

Mine never messed up the paint, but it won't work with a spoiler. I think they make some that will though.

Comment

Thanks for the info. This weekend I am going to get fitted for a mountain bike since I am so tall, I want one that will fit properly and will have an idea of what to look for in a bike rack.
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

Working...
          X