Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghetto swaybar endlinks?

Hi i'm new

Now that we got that over with j/k Does anybody now if i can just use regular bolts for the sway bar endlinks?
    I was taking them off when i did some brake work and they broke,Doh!
    1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
    Plus new
    1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

nope....negatize had some nice ones posted on here a while back. Bolts would be too stiff and would just break something else. i would think mine are also broke and i am getting those...ill try to find the post.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

bye the way welcome, here are some posts we had about endlinks.

better yet have at it.

Last edited by Kelly; 02-24-2004, 03:21 PM.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Sorry,I forgot to mention that it's a 92
        The "Endlinks" I'm talking about are just bolts with A plastic spacer and bushings
        Plus new

Comment

ah yeah, my bad should have looked. at anyrate ive never seen them but i would think you would need any special bolt.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i bought both sides for when i bought my black pro, 8 rubber thingys lol two long spacers and two nuts and bolts from the mazda dealership and it olny cost me $54.00

pretty cheap for what they are
            No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

I decided to eat it and go ahead and buy new ones,very tight budget being that i'm in college and have no job, but they only cost 7$ a peice. for that price I may buy all four
              Plus new

Comment

If it's just the bolts you need, Home Depot has a buttload. Just make sure to get hardened ones, not generic bolts. The heads have dashes or marks on them to indicate the hardness. I bet that $7 would cover about 6 nuts and bolts.

If your missing the spacers, washers or bushings, then thats a different story.

Comment

You can get a pair of endlinks including the bushings and spacers at NAPA for like $12. Don't waste your money buying them from the dealer and don't waste your time trying to piece the whole thing together with junky hardware from Home Depot.
                  If the bushings haven't been replaced by now, they're due for replacement.
                  Chris
                  Last edited by chrisf; 02-24-2004, 09:36 PM.
                  '91 Protege LX
                  '99 Miata sport

Comment

I think now is a good time to replace them, the bushings were really ****y
                    but ii can't complain for $28

Is there a big difference between the Energy suspension Polyurthane ones
                    and the ones i'm getting at NAPA
                    Plus new

Comment

Working...
                    X