X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Disc Simulators...

Please read my post before you vote... I appreciate it... Thanks

Hey Yall,
    It's AmeeN again... and, Yes the time is near... Spring is slowly inching its head out of its hole, The trees will start to sprout, the roses will bloom, and all of you that live in the midwest and on the east coast will be putting ur rims back on.. YAAAAA including me... but, let us get to the point...

I really havent had a chance to look at my brakes in a while, and I just realized... when I put my new 17's on, GUARNTEED my brakes will be exposed. I don't know if my drums and rotors are rusted or not, but I thought of a temporary solution...

Brake DisC SimuLatorS...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2462382716 Drilled...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2462038029 Solid...

1. Now... I've seen these around on big ass buicks and classic cars with 22's and such... Whatever... again they will be a temporary solution (because I HATE painted drums!!!) I would probably like to get them in a solid black though withought the fake drilled holes... I would like you to put all ur biased opinions aside and seriously tell me what you think of them...

2. If anyone has these simulators, or has a picture of what they look like on a car, that would be legit...

3. Does anyone else have a first gen, are your brakes rusted??? what region do you live in?

I would appreciate any input that ANY of you have...
    save the nonsense slurring please...

Yo' Main ManG,
    MeeNerS

P.S. Apparently I have lost my mind!!! Wheeee
    Go for it... Sounds Good (YES)
    5.56%
    Um... C'mon AmeeN... (NO)
    61.11%
    I don't want to read the thread and want to give input anyway.. proving what you wasted ur time on posting irrelevant... (I'M AN ASSHOLE)
    11.11%
    aMeEn HaS lOsT hIs MiNd!!!!
    22.22%
    Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 02-25-2004, 08:17 AM.
    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

i live in the northwest part of washington state......my brakes on my 91 pro are VERY Brownish/red from rust......im surprised my brakes even work with as rusted as they are.......personally i would just take the drum off and sand the **** out of it then take my moms van to ace hardware and buy some anti rust spray paint(black) about 4$ a can and put a ass load of coats on them.......i wouldnt go for the fakies.......just my 2 cents tho....
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

I agree, put your money elsewhere Meen. A little elbow grease and anti-rust paint will look 100% better.

My vote = Hell No

Comment

yeah dont waste yer money dood.. put it towards some suspension parts..or beter yet..just get the car in tip top shape if she isnt already.. id do that b 4 modding her at all
        Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
        -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
        -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
        -B&M Short Throw Shifter
        -MX-3 GS front seats
        -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
        (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

what the ****ing hell!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO means NOOOOOOOOOO means NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Whatever floats yer boat! I say if you like it, then go for it.
            Personally though, Id just do like redfox said and take them off and paint them. But instead of using my moms van I would be smart and get everything I nedded BEFORE I started taking **** apart!
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Fair enough... Now i have to figure out how to get the drum off... never ****ed with em before... Hayne's here we go... THanks fellas... (and ladies, if there are future posts)

Comment

as you have the same color sohc protege as me, i feel we are brothers, so i can say without hurting your feelings, DONT EVER THINK ABOUT THAT EVER AGAIN k, now go read haynes...

Comment

Originally posted by kagekun
                  as you have the same color sohc protege as me, i feel we are brothers, so i can say without hurting your feelings, DONT EVER THINK ABOUT THAT EVER AGAIN k, now go read haynes...
                  you sig is friggin SWEET!
                  Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Awwwww... The admin changed my poll... he he... Thanks for the input guys...

I know for a fact that my rotors will be rusty, besides just buying new rotors, what could I do about those? Dammit, those black dust shields are looking appealing... And I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning my wheels as much.. rubbish!!!

Ultimately, my new question (if I go the elbow grease way with the drums):
                    What to do about The Damn Rusty Rotors & Calipers...?

Comment

wire wheel your drums and calipers and paint them dude..as a matter of fact clean up everything your goona see in your wheel wells.
                      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Essence of Rice... A new Honda/Calvin Klein joint venture.

Seriously dude.... what the hell are you thinking?!? lmao

Okay. Let me put it this way. What do you think of hubcaps that try to look like rims? Because "Brake Disc Simulators" are the same idea... obviously you have nice rims so you don't think too much about hubcaps...

Also, it's the same idea as a NOS logo on a car that doesnt use nitrous... Or a spoiler on a FWD car...

I've been pissing off a lot of people lately with that kind of talk. heh
                        ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

same as the drums.....take it all apart sand/wire wheel em and then paint em with anti rust spray paint.....
                          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.