Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really bad rattle, possibly in gas tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really bad rattle, possibly in gas tank?

Ok, here's the problem: Ever since I had my new 3" turbo-back exhaust installed I've had a really bad rattle both inside and out of my car. It really does it bad when letting off in first gear while going through a parking lot idling down. I took it back to the muffler shop and drove them around and they heard it also, but when they raised it up they couldn't find it. They even beat on the pipes and they aren't touching anywhere. I thought that maybe there was something hung up in my piping but can't see where it would. Well, this weekend while I was doing my springs I tried to find it again with a friend's help. It seemed to make the same sound when beating on the underside of the gas tank. We took the fuel pump out to observe but couldn't see anything for the baffles. Definitely still sounded like something in the tank even when the pump was out. Anyone else with the same problem? Anyone have any ideas what this could be or what I can do to fix it? Any info. is appreciated. Thanks.
    2003.5 Blazing Yellow Mica MSP
    14.3 @ 97.85

Mods:
    Mazda CPU Flash
    Mazda "E" Stabilizer Bushings
    Blitz DTT II
    TurboXS HP MBC
    Injen RD CAI
    Autometer Ultra-Lite A/F Gauge
    Joe P. FCD
    Joe P. FPR (not using)
    Custom 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust w/Apexi N1 Muffler