Rear brake discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear brake discs

Ive done the galant disc change on the front and im after doing something similar on the rear. Does anyone know if any discs fit machined down hubs so the disc fits on the outside with the existing callipers? Im not looking for bigger really, just ive got 2 hubs that have been machined down and i need to do the rear bearings, so thought while im at it i will see if i can find any discs that will fit on the outside.

cheers

I think Greg Downer done a setup for the rear hub using the the same year galant rear rotors with the miata rear barke caliper.

Here are the pix from that setup.

Comment

brackets can be found over on the yahoo groups for the 323gtx.. I believe Bob is your man with the bracket plan. I have (2) pairs sitting in the back seat of the GT... just need to get around to working on it again.

Rob

Comment

side note: anyone have a link or info on what has to happen to do this? I can't find the write up on the yahoo group..

thanks

Rob

Comment

What year the miata calipers come from?Do u have the pic of the galant that the rotors came from?

Comment

Do u have the link where they did the conversion of the rear disk rotors on the 323?

Comment

Guys...this upgrade does not work on the GT...GTX only. If you have a drum set up on your 323, the best you can do is swap on the Mercury Capri spindle/hub-rotor assembly. No documented upgrades for the GT rear disc brakes( which is the same as the Capri ).
              Clay

Comment

Hi guys! I have rear disc from a GC 626 on my BF. just needed to widen the holes slightly and use the rear bearing from the BF. Sorting the ebrake cable soon

Comment

Vectra u got through with the gc 626 upgrade ? Besides widening the hole (is it the shock hole your speaking bout ) what other up grades u had to do in order for it to do.Did u use the 323 front shocks or the 626 ones.
                  .Can u please document it .What about alignment on the vehicle?
                  Last edited by Dans; 08-25-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X