vrooov vroov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vrooov vroov

I know this is a stupid topic for this thread, but I am soooooo desperate to find a resolution for my problem, I have 2 BF GTX, 87 and 88, both in fairly good condition, this is one in action

I got both with that funny sound, it is not even, it is a vroov sound when accelerating, I replaced all 8 wheel bearings, seems to help for a while but then it comes back

I cant be the only one with this funny sound, anybody out there ever had that issue?

And where does it come from?

1. the sound is transmitted through the chassis, so it is very hard to locate
    2. suspected the propshaft bearing
    3. suspected wheel bearings
    4. suspeced the gearbox

I just can't tell

Any hint appreciated

cheers
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1267674Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1267675
    Last edited by porschedriver; 02-21-2012, 11:49 PM.

Is it also a vibration that can be observed while in motion and/or changing with engine rpm?

How old are the tires? Are they balanced?
    Rotors warped? Even wear on pads?
    Is the prop shaft bearing worn/loose?
    CV joints in good shape?

Comment

it is somewhere between 3 and 4K RPM, it is uneven, meaning it is not constant, so it sounds almost like some bearing is worn on one side only

Comment

Originally posted by porschedriver View Post
        it is somewhere between 3 and 4K RPM, it is uneven, meaning it is not constant, so it sounds almost like some bearing is worn on one side only
        Not much I can help you with if I'm not there to observe the symptom, but I would check the hubs again. See if any hub is generating more heat than the others, check the axle nut torque, jack up the car and check each hub for play and noise.

Heck, I would also try another set of wheels/tires and see if the problem is still there.

Troubleshooting stuff like this can be a right pain in the ass.

Comment

When you did the bearings did you change the race ? If you did where they tight when you put them back in?

Comment

Originally posted by dislexicdime View Post
            When you did the bearings did you change the race ? If you did where they tight when you put them back in?
            do you mean the spacer? what do you mean by the "race"?

Comment

I was talking about the bearing race that the bearing rides on inside the hub. Did you tap new ones in to the knuckle? And if you did do they spin in side the knuckl?

Comment

Working...
              X