3rd gen eyelids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd gen eyelids

I know this has been covered before, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone know where to get these eyelids? Or are these custom made?

you could just buy vinyl and cut it yourself

Comment

looks like a vinyl job to me.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yeah, I have a feeling I'll do that, I'm just not sure about the color. Black is fairly easy to match, but the right shade of silver may not be.

Comment

You can always go to the dealership and ask for a spray can of your color and spray the eyelids. Can't you?

Comment

Does spray paint work very well on flexible vinyl?

Comment

Glue it to the headlights, then mask the area around the vynil, then spray paint it. I think this should work.

Comment

Probably worth a try... as long as I do a good job masking it.

Comment

Oh yeah, definitely.. You don't want to mess up your paint job.
                  I think the hardest part will be cutting the vynil into a shape you like. Painting it afterwards is easy. Just make sure you mask the area around the vynil nicely, and you should not have any worries.

Comment

you need to scuff the vinyl if you paint it.....might give the paint a lil stronger hold...use a scotchbrite pad.
                    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

See, this is the kind of thing I like doing to my car. I have no money but for the price of some paint and a piece of vinyl to cut I can make a very nice mod.

Comment

I feel ya on that one man.

Comment

i want eyelids for mine
                          My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by dahotprotege
                            i want eyelids for mine
                            Yea me too....I'd hate to have to get vinyl to do it though......gotta be some way.......
                            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

I would test the spray paint on the vinyl first. Spray paint eats some plastics, and sometimes wont even dry. I would just get the silver vinyl. If its a shade off ,chances are you will be the only one who would really notice.
                              " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
                              Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
                              Painted calipers
                              Injen CAI
                              Custom exhaust
                              Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

Working...
                              X