Shoes For My 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoes For My 5

I Am Geting 18" Rims For My 5 But I Want To Know If 18x8" Fit.
    Or Are They To Wide I Need To Know Before Friday If Any One Can Help.

contact someone at AutoRnD (that's their aim sn)...or find their msn group...they can help...here's what they posted on another board:

Hello Gentlemen.

I had posted this on the other board a very long time ago. But knowing how loyal people are to a single board I've come to find out that several are not looking into this. So here it is:

THE MATRIX: 3rd Generation Proto's

Mazda Protege5 fitment guide

215/40/17; 215/35/18
    -------------
    7.0" +45 and higher
    7.5" +48 and higher

205/40/17
    -------------
    7.0" +42 and higher; Barely making it
    7.5" +48 or higher, the +45 still worries me with this width on a 205.

Mazda Protege Sedan
    ----------------------------
    Can run 2 to 3 mm less offset than the Wagon. Appears to have a little more room under the fender. As we've got no problems with wheelguuruu's 19's at all.

BEWARE OF THE PASSENGER SIDE. IT will be the first to rub. hehe. Not as much negative adjustment on that side, even with camber bolts. Based on left hand drive. hehe.

Hope this helps everyone. Please feel free to call us as we will be stocking the real good ones, quality, appearance, weight, perfect fitment. Plus you'll get your forum/club deal and the sanctity of mind that the fitment has my blessing.

Be weary of the "local tire shop" as many have not done real time fitments prior to your consultation. Not even the manufacturers who create the fitment guide for the dealers have test fitted everything. It's based on patterns with fitments in the industry. Unfortunately, our cars veer off that line just slightly but enough to be very annoying and ****ty when you just bought wheels that you were told fit only to have them rub.

We are a tuning shop and therefore specialize in certain performance oriented vehicles. Therefore do multiple fitments on the same vehicles with different wheels and so forth. We weigh them loaded and unloaded, tires and wheels. It's some good info to base your decisions on.

Thanks, Rishie

PLEASE READ IT SLOW AND TAKE NOTES. THIS IS A NO BULL**** POST. ALL OF THE INFO AND STIPULATIONS ARE INDICATED.
    408-635-0000
    autornd@hotmail.com
    2003 Spicy MSP

2003 Mazda Protege5 - traded

2001 Mazda MP3 #1476 - sold

Comment

here's my question.. i'm going to be installing the Protege5 wheel wells on my 01 sedan.
      i don't know if i want 17x7.5 +45mm or 17x7 +42mm. (either wheel runnin 205/40/17)
      which would be the better fit?

you mention fender is different on the sedan.. but isn't it actually the wheel well that the tire rubs against? so it's the Protege5's wheel well that causes the issue, and not the fender (still trying to understand)
      note: my car will also be lowered on MP3 (racing beat) springs

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Working...
      X