Mazdaspeed Protege vs Saturn Ion Redline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazdaspeed Protege vs Saturn Ion Redline

The new Saturn ion Redline has been reviewed and they say it can stand up to our Mazdaspeed protege is this true how can a crappy saturn be able to contend with the mazdaspeed sure its got about 35 less horses but really there has to be some sort of mistake here right?
    Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

I've ridden in a couple very quick saturns man. Tupperware has a wicked powerband.
    I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

Are saturn's more light weight than out Mazda's?
      "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

As I've said before, there's nothing "lightweight" about a 3rd gen Protege...
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

even tho it is just a saturn the Ion Redline, is a pretty cool lil car. Supercharged with I believe 200hp from the factory. Dosent the msp only have 170?
          Eat ****.

Comment

I know it's 200hp, but I think it's still NA. Kudos to saturn, their cars have been getting a lot better, if only they could make a nice looking interior. I love my mom's '04 Vue. 250hp, that thing moves pretty damn well, it would destroy both of my cars, and probably my friends mazda 6 auto.
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

you know how saturn engines i have seen swapped at my friends shop.....

along with the front panels, i think they make the rods out of abs too...
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

lol ya the only saturn i have driven is m sisters very slow SL1.
                She does get 35MPG
                1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
                Plus new
                1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                  I know it's 200hp, but I think it's still NA. Kudos to saturn, their cars have been getting a lot better, if only they could make a nice looking interior...
                  Ummm... no. The Saturn Redline has a 2 liter supercharged I4, a slightly de-stroked Ecotec motor.

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                  ...I love my mom's '04 Vue. 250hp, that thing moves pretty damn well, it would destroy both of my cars, and probably my friends mazda 6 auto.
                  That 250hp V6 in the Vue comes from *gasp*... HONDA, it's the same motor as the MDX and the Pilot SUV.
                  '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                  '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                  '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                  '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                  '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                  '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

im a fan of the saturn ion redline i think its uber cool. they even have recaro seats and they are supercharged i believe.
                    Last edited by JGSlayer; 10-15-2004, 01:08 PM.
                    91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

supercharged
                      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I tried out a Mazdaspeed pro last week and wasn't all that impressed! I was expecting to actually feel the turbo, but didn't...don't get me wrong it still pulled pretty well, but the powerband was smooth and in my oppinion lacked that turbo "charge" forward I had expected...what are the numbers on the msp???
                        '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                        Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Anothe thing of note, the redline is under-rated. It's 200hp at the wheels. Read it in scc a long time ago, but since it's geared way-high, the 1/4 mile times aren't as impressive as they could be, just fyi
                          Dan
                          dreesemonkey

Comment

I drove one, it's still a Saturn, wicked bad blind spot, absolutely crazy wheel hop, only fast in a straight line

Comment

too many domestic haters....dont get upset when a domestic gets rated higher than a import.

Comment

Working...
                              X