hey, is this turbo the rite stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, is this turbo the rite stuff?

Heyy club, i just got my protege (1994 lx dohc) like on friday, and have been looking at some performance improvements, exhaust, intakes, and the like.

But i was looking around and found a possible future mod, (when i get the money, im 16) and i found this turbo kit
    Buy Import Performance Parts - discount prices! Get Import performance engine kits, pistons, rods, flywheels, crankshafts, camshafts, gaskets & more. We ship worldwide.

(i cant figure out how to get the full link to copy and past, it doesn't want to give me the adress for the turbo part of the page, but its just a simple couple of clicks to find it)
    is this a good deal, or would this not fit, or wateva other opinions u guys have to give will be greatly appreciated

P.S wat u think of mod plans
    1.change color (from beige/tan to black)
    2.shortshifter (mite switch 1 and 2 around, depending on mood at the time)
    3.intake
    4.exhaust
    5.turbo(possible, maybe, if by some chance from god i win the lotto
    protege faq

1994 protege LX DOHC
    stock (for now)
    tan/beige color (for now)

lol, sry guys, i figured it out, here is the link http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...pec_mazda.html

sry
    protege faq

1994 protege LX DOHC
    stock (for now)

Comment

i think some one said those were for newer pros but for less money u can get a j-spec gtx motor from corksport or barelylegaltransplants.com for ur car and the intake is gonna be hard maybe protoss has extras but the ones on ebay suck ass
      i is dumb

Comment

thanx for the info skr33t
        protege faq

1994 protege LX DOHC
        stock (for now)

Comment

I honestly don't think that it is a bad price.....it says for the protege B6DE twice though maybe a typo and there actually is one for the BP???

If you buy eveything seperatly:

Custom manifold (good quality)-$400 up
          Garret T25-$300
          FMU-$200-400
          Downpipe-$50

Thats about 1,050 I forgot what else the site had ( I can't look i guess its down now)

You probably would be better off going with the BPT though then switching heads w/ the N/A head.....

Comment

BLT doesnt sell motors right now. Corksport does tho.
            BP-05 Turbo-Sold
            2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Protege 1.8 B6DE was listed on the site. IM with Tweeks on this one. If I did order, I would call first to make sure that it was a typo before ordering.

For the amount listed there you could almost get a GTX swapped.

For the price of an extreme kit you could get the GTX in and then drop your N/A head off of your LX (assuming you have an LX since you plan on turboing, and turboing a DX has been discussed) for almost the same power.
              Then you could part out what was left of the LX block and end up spending about the same.

Any other ideas?

I saw on there that in the kit you get a T25. Any comparison to the VJ 20-22????

I also saw they had T25BB - wonder how much it would cost to upgrade to that turbo??
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

yea i would deff make some calls first, before ordering, just make sure everything is rite, and im a bit dodgy about ordering summin that expensive off of a site that can make that kind of typo, but o well

if ne one knows of ne other turbo kits, for the 1994 1.8L dohc, could u post a link so can check out.

thanks
                protege faq

1994 protege LX DOHC
                stock (for now)

Comment

There are not any turbo kits for the 1.8l, you have to build your own. I am still in question about that site, the engine codes are wrong. Get a GTX motor, or turbo your existing one.
                  BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                  2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by elscotto80
                    Get a GTX motor, or turbo your existing one.
                    i think thats wut hes trying to do
                    i is dumb

Comment

took a while but found it......
                      and YES apparently they make kits for 1st gens, the problem is that there is not really any demand for them...... OEM turbo is usually the way to go.
                      These were labled wrong too according to what everyone said in the post they were for the newer pros. I think that its more of a universal kit.... either way they are made and labeled for our cars..... wether they work or not is up to a brave person to find out

and the thread where it was discussed........

I can understand why this one was not easily found with searching.... it took me a couple of minutes to find.
                      Last edited by D323; 02-28-2004, 04:15 AM.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

se, now you bastards are giving me all these...ideas
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                        X