Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temperature gauge periodically rise above the hot mark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature gauge periodically rise above the hot mark.

Greetings all. Recently the temp gauge in my car started malfunctioning, as soon as i turn on the ignition the temp gauge needle starts to climb to the top and stays there for while even after i start the car and drive off. After 3 minutes of driving the needle would fall back to little above the lower mark. Periodically it would to climb to the top as soon as i stop @ an intersection or stop light then when i drive off it goes down. The fan is working on the car and this happens when the ignition is in the on position so its not a overheating problem. The gauge have been installed about 14 months ago, so this is a bit surprising to see it acting like that already.

I am not 100% sure what is cause of this, so I'm putting this out to my cp members for some assistance in resolving this problem.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about.

Last edited by mazkam; 04-05-2012, 08:00 PM.

It's the last things you touched, which would be the gauge and the wiring.

Comment

Picture of malfunctioning temperature gauge added.
      Last edited by mazkam; 04-05-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

getting air in the system?

Comment

I'd vote for loose wires or the sender is bad... beyond that an air pocket pushing past the sender would cause this as well. Maybe start by removing the rad cap and letting the car warm completely up and be sure to top off the cooling system. Shut it down let it cool all the way to COLD... Check level, then cap off & start again..

Rob

Comment

Working...
          X