Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine - tapping noise

Hey guys,

Had a really bad experience this past week. Took my car to one of those Tire shops for the Fuel Injector Cleaner service (my car has 105K miles). And along with that was an oil cleaner service - which I probably didn't need since I've used only Mobil 1 in my car since I bought it new (well- since first oil change).

Any ways- I drive my car for a week and start to hear this tapping noise from the engine. I check the oil and its 2 qts low!!! So I took the car back to the service shop to "work with them" and they give me an oil change (with Mobil 1) and it sounds fine after I leave the shop. Now- one day later- its back.

Any ideas to what this could be? I'm going to see if they will pay to have the Mazda dealer look it over tomorrow.

The car doesn't seem to be down on power at all, and it doesn't burn oil- so I don't think its the valves. A friend suggested it may be the rod bearings. What do you guys think? Do the valves need to be adjusted on our cars (For some reason, I didn't think they did)?

thanks,

Jason

00 Protege ES

HLA's. It's a problem with most proteges.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

yeah, marc he said he is loosing oil...

see that's why I don't let those places change my oil and use there crap engine cleaner stuff.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
        yeah, marc he said he is loosing oil...

see that's why I don't let those places change my oil and use there crap engine cleaner stuff.
        Yeah, I didn't catch that when I read it. I always change my own oil as well. Too many horror stories ya know. (like with Adam)
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Actually, I'm not burning any oil. That's the wierd part.

I'm going to try to go to the dealer tomorrow- I'm thinking its probably bearings.

Comment

Working...
          X