Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backdoor Locks

Hey all,
    Ever since I bought my Pro last year the rear locks were always acting up on me, they were very hard to move up and down. I would actually need to use a pair of pliers to pull up the passenger side one!!!
    Finally today after a year of not using my backdoors I decieded to dig in and find out what was wrong. Come to find out it's the damn black glue they use to seal the vapor barrier on the door, the glue was all over parts of the linkage. It was like that on both doors! After doing a little cleaning the locks work perfect now.
    I was wondering if anyone else had this kind of problem???

I think i might just put in electric locks now!
    Last edited by protégébob; 02-26-2004, 11:58 AM.

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

i think alot of ppl had this problem i know i do but i dont use the back doors too much and never worried about it
    i is dumb

Comment

i had that problem on my 93 SE...was no problem to clean up.
      My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
      - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

as said, very common.. my locks were slow all around because of the vapor barriors and me repeatedly removing the door panels to put speakers in and everything else. i ended up taking a heat gun and a utility knife and just cutting it all off and whicking up as much of the black tar i could with paper towels.. then just dynamatting the entire door. i'll tell you, it does wonders for road noise .
        peace

Comment

huh never knew that, my doors are like that now, another thing to add to the spring to-do list
          No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
            i'll tell you, it does wonders for road noise
            ...and weight!

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

hehe.. dynamatting your doors, floor and trunk and using some carpet foam all around the interior cabin, shouldn't run you but 25 to 40 pounds tops. i guess that could have a bearing if you're auto crossing or head to the track that often.. but you'd have to be more than human to tell the difference 40 pounds make in a car with the way it gets distributed.. granted you do it right. but MAN will i tell you, it's a night and day difference as far as NOISE is concerned, especially when you run a cat back exhaust
              peace

Comment

40lbs here...40lbs there...+++

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Working...
                X