Help* mx3 4 cyl to kl-de swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help* mx3 4 cyl to kl-de swap

Got my parts car and everything I need but the transverse member can't bolt on the 4 cyl only the v6. So to the point at hand. Can I run it without the member? Worst case if not can I run it for a couple miles to get it welded on?
    Or is there a custom part I can get?

One of my last problems until its done and on the road

Are you talking about the north/south crossmember?

If that's the one you're talking about, no dont drive it without that. Two of your four mounts are on there.

Comment

No no I have the cross-member on I deff wouldn't do that ha ha. The transverse member looks like a oem strut bar that bolts on the underside. The part it bolts onto looks welded onto the frame so swapping control arms wont work.
      Kinda worried but worst case ill throw my exhaust on and weld it but don't want to if I don't have to just incase down the road something was to happen

Comment

Oh, that thing. It's not welded. That said, i couldn't get mine off and i just cut it off. But, i also wasn't keeping that car, so YMMV.

Comment

I'm not keeping my parts car. So how could I swap the "mounts" so I can bolt it up there? I don't wana mangle my only ones lol.
          Also how do they stay up there? Sorry for all the questions bro just lost lol
          So I unbolt the control arms. Cut and or pry the mount thingys off and swap them from shells? Do I gotta weld those brackets on or is it a bolt on affair?

Comment

Mounting points should not be different. It's just bolts.

Comment

Ill have to look at mine tomorrow. I have been informed that it would be the sub frame id have to swap in order for the 4cyl to be able to use the v6 transverse

Comment

horizontal xmbr is for support, vertical xmbr supports the front/rear engine mounts which is 4cyl and V6 specific from a thread I read not too long ago.
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I already swapped that one. I'm talking about the horizontal one aka transverse member. it was never on the 4 cyl shell so there's no bolt holes for it to bolt up with. I got told it can still run with out it but if I can swap it I might go for it

Comment

Originally posted by killuh spy mx3 View Post
                    I already swapped that one. I'm talking about the horizontal one aka transverse member. it was never on the 4 cyl shell so there's no bolt holes for it to bolt up with. I got told it can still run with out it but if I can swap it I might go for it
                    Just swap out the whole subframe... If you don't want to do that then done worry about running with out it... All though I would say don't weld it on what ever you do...

Comment

Yea screw subframe swapping. I was just worried about the support I didn't want to distroy my crossmember with the added weight of the trans

Comment

The KLDE swap isnt much heavier then your B8...

Comment

My stock b6 is long gone lol. I had already swapped it to a bp then the lifters went out after awhile so I bought a kl swapped mx3 then a bearring exploded inside so my buddy put the heads on a running block with all new gaskets. So at this point I'm re-assembling my car with gs parts and waiting for my motor mounts to come in.

Comment

lmao....

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                            1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

How about just make a new brace that bolts on to your 4 cylinder subframe? You'd probably be fine without it, but it DOES stiffen up the car considerably.

Comment

Working...
                              X