• Show
Clear All

Interesting Intake Manifold

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1267867

I guess this is just a stock 1.5 Z5 Protege manifold, I've never seen one before. Just thought it was neat, as I thought it was a BP at first when I was looking at UK ebay.
    Last edited by DuRWooD; 04-29-2012, 02:35 AM.
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Yup, that's a '95/'96 pre-facelift manifold. "That's tubular maaaan."

Comment

Its a piece of junk. Interesting looking yes but worth more as scrap aluminum...
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Hence the switch to the '97/'98 design? What's exactly wrong with this one?

Comment

Well it really does not have a plenum, not sure if that hurts it or not.

I think the GM Quad4 motor had a similar intake manifold, that made a decent amount of power for its size
          1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
          1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
          www.werbatfik.com

Comment

The Quad4 was first produced in 1987 for use in 1988 model year cars. It displaced 2.3L and made up to 160hp in 1990-1992. It had a similar intake manifold, but later a plenum was added.

Early manifold (no plenum):

Plenum manifold:

Comment

Working...
            X