gtx strut bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gtx strut bars

okay gunna try to show a few pics of the bars i got on the pile,it took my teenager seconds what i was trying for a goo d hour to up load(i suck!)front bar is,i think a vdub mk2 bar it said neuspeed till i sanded and wire brushed the pretty paint that was over the rust,meh.not sure how a stock bar will fit,i bought this off someone so it might have been modified.
    ,the rear bar is for a neon that i earlier posted fit "fine" on the front.it cost me $17 to my canuck door.I needed to extend the bar quite a bit using what i had around,i cut the mounting tabs off,added some el bar and welded one tab to each side,the welding came out horrendous but ithink stout enough.i hope the pics come out!
    I just previewed and noticed i didnt include the el bars.sorry.
    Attached Files

heres a couple pics ofy the neuspeed barClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1040.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1232664Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1041.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1232665

Comment

You're loaded for bear now! That's one sturdy looking strut bar, lol.
      The back on looks pretty good. Hope the welds hold up.
      1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
      1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
      2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
      1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Very nice! I like the extra bracing on the front. Here's the bar I made up:

I will be producing more of these mounts once I find suitable bars, they will fit the GTX as well
        1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
        1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
        www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Gen View Post
          You're loaded for bear now! That's one sturdy looking strut bar, lol.
          The back on looks pretty good. Hope the welds hold up.
          yeah that front bar is stout,back bar not so much,i should remove thr tab and weld in something heavier to the el bar.I was not happy about effing up the plastic panel,lucky I got an extra in the rafters.
          rocketman,you should be proud of the castings your making.you plan on using the three bolt attachment,and having us drill out the third hole?It might help,no?

Comment

I am quite proud of my castings

I can leave the brackets drilled for two holes like stock, or I can drill the third out - though I'd wager it's probably much stiffer with that third mount point. I see you have some (very sexy) camber plates though, you'd probably want to retain those rather than go to the 4-bolt mounts

I suppose simply drilling the tower & adding a bolt or stud might work too
            1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
            1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
            www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Working...
            X