Breaking in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking in...

What's the general consensus on how to break in my new 3 (picking up tonight, assuming it gets off the truck...)? How long, how hard, how soft, etc...

burn rubber off the lot dude.....

nah man jk i dont know if its changed but they told me to take it easy for 1000 miles and then to get the oil changed at the 1000 mile mark.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

bye the way welcome to the best forum of all.....
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

They should tell you at the dealer... they told me don't rev over 4000 rpm for the first I think 700 miles, then I'd be good after that.

Comment

Thanks all... just found out from the dealer that the car i put a deposit on had already been delivered and sold by the time i got there - stupid bastards... now i'll be waiting for awhile till another rolls off the truck...

Comment

damn...

Well a proper break in is to keep the revs uner 400 for the first 1000km, then be nice to it for the first 5000. after that giv'er hell!
            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
            So his engine he goosed
            With much too much boost,
            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
            X