130 mph on my 323 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

130 mph on my 323 ???

well this happen about 8 months ago when i was still going to night school. My classmate and i was on our way home he was driving a 89-91 nissan 240sx with full ehaust system and 5 speed etc... i already have my bp motor under the hood when he pulled up on me and started revving his car on the freeway. We were running 60-70 mph at the time when i down shifted to 3rd then worked my way to fourth. i cant remember if i redline it or if i was still going on 5th gear but I beat my friend about 4 cars away. the 323 was going too fast that i had to step on the brakes but when i stepped on the brakes split second later i looked at the speedometer it was at 130mph and going down fast... I was tripping out cuz i never hit 120 on my obd2 civic thats y im wondering if this is capable of hitting 130mph maybe sumthing is wrong with the speedo'. so wut do u guys think?

When it gets cold.. my speedometer starts going up to like 90 and 110 all crazy... when im driving at 30mph.
    Besides I dont think your 323 would do 130mph,if it did it would have to have POWER and something to keep it on the ground at that speed.
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

^^^bull

1ofthefew... I can see your car hitting 130.

why.
      in my protege.. just toying around after I hooked the VICS up. I was floring it on the highway coming home. In 5th gear, mind you, after passing 4grand the car was pulling really hard to 105 where I let off. This happened in only a matter of seconds to.

I know the 323 is lighter than my 2nd gen and the 323 f trannies 5th gearing is only slightly higher than my f 5th. So I could see easily passing 120 with it flored. especially since your car is lighter and conditions of the road may have been better.

Remeber I hit 120 one night in 5th gear at Carlisle PA, with more revs to go on the tach. So I know it is possible.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Possible but not likely to happen. Was the road on a decline or was it pretty straight? The fastest I've done in my Protege is 125mph with another person in the car and I have tried many times to see how fast it can go. I hit 110mph fairly easy, then it takes a while but it eventually hits ~120mph and stays there....no power left to go any faster........
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

after a while you can peg it...takes a LONG ass time

Comment

had my 323 up to 125mph

driving through Montana (no speed limit at the time)
            straight, flat. New tires and full dealer service

Comment

oh god not another one of these threads...
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

i had my pro up to 410mph uphill in the snow on bald tires
                91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.