03 Sentra SE-R and 85 Camaro IROC-Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 Sentra SE-R and 85 Camaro IROC-Z

I have 2 other cars which are a 03 Sentra SE-R and a IROC-Z. The SE-R is my daily driver and the Z is my project car. I've owned the Z for about 6 years now and still don't have it on the road grrrrr.

The Protege 5 is my partners car whose really doesn't have any interest in forums for his car.
    03 Protege 5
    03 Sentra SE-R
    85 IROC-Z

This is kinda off-topic, but I saw an older Iroc-Z and a C5 racing down the highway yesterday, the Iroc sure was loud, but it had no chance, hehehe...

So have you driven the Pro 5 at all? Do you like it more/less than your SE-R? The SE-R has a nice engine, but I wasn't too impressed with the suspension (at least compared to Proteges).

Have anything done to your Iroc?
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

The P5's suspension is tighter then the SE-Rs. I really like the P5 better then the SE-R. The Sentra's interior is cheap looking and feeling while the P5's is good looking and has texture. I do like the power in the SE-R. The SE-R is going to be getting Nismo catback and cai.

As for the IROCZ all I have done to it is swap trannies. I'm planning to install a cam, Dynomax cat-back, cai, pullies, intake runners, chip, air foil, and Hotokis springs, bilstien shocks/struts, stressbar, and many other things. I also have to get it painted. Its a rustfree car with 99k on it.
      03 Protege 5
      03 Sentra SE-R
      85 IROC-Z

Comment

Ahhh yes, nothing quite like larger displacement vehicles when simple mods yield very nice gains.

What type of power do the Iroc's make stock? Is it the LT1 or and earlier verson of the engine? Wasn't there 305s in the 80s instead of the 350? I can't keep track of all the different small blocks, but I love them all. Nothing like torque, and a V8 snarl!
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
          Ahhh yes, nothing quite like larger displacement vehicles when simple mods yield very nice gains.

What type of power do the Iroc's make stock? Is it the LT1 or and earlier verson of the engine? Wasn't there 305s in the 80s instead of the 350? I can't keep track of all the different small blocks, but I love them all. Nothing like torque, and a V8 snarl!
          Stock the IROCZ had 215 in 85 and it dropped down to 190 in the Z28 model. The 85 IROC was the first year Chevy installed TPI on the Camaro was only available with an auto and the IROCZ package. Chevy used 305s from 82-92 but the 350 replaced the 305 in the Z28 and IROC models. The was an option on RS models with a 5spd from 88 to 92. In 93 the LT1 was available in the Z28 upto 97 which it was replaced with the LS1 from the Corvette.
          03 Protege 5
          03 Sentra SE-R
          85 IROC-Z

Comment

Yep. I do love those V8 noises. Especially a good healthy SBC. Had a 78 Nova for a while, 350, TH350 w/B&M shift kit, Edelbrock intake, Holley 4bbl, Flowmaster exhaust. 14MPG on the highway, but it was worth it.
            Mikeyb, waht did you swap the tranny to/from? Those came with a TH700r4, right?
            ~Mark.
            2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 02dx
              Yep. I do love those V8 noises. Especially a good healthy SBC. Had a 78 Nova for a while, 350, TH350 w/B&M shift kit, Edelbrock intake, Holley 4bbl, Flowmaster exhaust. 14MPG on the highway, but it was worth it.
              Mikeyb, waht did you swap the tranny to/from? Those came with a TH700r4, right?
              The 700R4 that was in it was bad so I just swap in another 700r4 for now.
              03 Protege 5
              03 Sentra SE-R
              85 IROC-Z

Comment

yeah my buddie has a se-r, and i wasn't too impressed with the interior either.
                .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!
                dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                  yeah my buddie has a se-r, and i wasn't too impressed with the interior either.

Is he on any of the Nissan forums? Only if I could swap the interior out and install a MSP interior then the car would be better. I wanted to buy a MSP but there wasn't any available when I purchased the SE-R. And I also wanted a sunroof.
                  03 Protege 5
                  03 Sentra SE-R
                  85 IROC-Z

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyb
                    Is he on any of the Nissan forums? Only if I could swap the interior out and install a MSP interior then the car would be better. I wanted to buy a MSP but there wasn't any available when I purchased the SE-R. And I also wanted a sunroof.
                    you know i really dont know, he was stationed with me, then got transfered.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

IROC-ED a bitch in the backseat of my protege once....she ended up being my wife...
                      Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X