Gtx rear suspension help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gtx rear suspension help

Recently purchased an 88 323 gtx but I'm having a hard time finding rear struts. I see some that say they will fit all models except adjustable suspension. Will those actually work? The car came with 2 sets of tokico reds but somebody cut the perches off. I've seen where people do this and mount coil sleeves to it somehow, anybody have more information on this?

Since I accidentally posted this in the protege section can a mod move it to the 323 section? Thanks

Comment

I believe they just weld on whatever perches they wish to use.

Oh and welcome!
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Moved
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Will welds actually hold up? Does any 323 perch work? It's such a fun car for $700 but the bounciness has got to go

Comment

Try 86-87 626 rear struts...then just shim the mounting ears with some washers. Should be easier than all the guess work and welding and cheaper than a coilover kit by far.
            Clay

Comment

Awesome I've seen where people got them to fit but couldn't find out how. Thanks

Comment

Those were actually Koni Reds. I told you Tokico which was incorrect. If it makes you feel better they are dampening adjustable limited production shocks. I think anything from Ground Control will work, considering Koni Reds are probably the most common shocks used in their coilover kits. What's left of the perches will hold up I'm pretty sure. You have to remember normally there's a spring mounted on that anyways.

Comment

Ya I work with a guy that says he can rig something up, but the manifold comes first then I'll deal with the struts.

If I use those it's just a matter of swapping the strut body's or welding new perches

I do love the car btw

Comment

Working...
                  X