• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power door lock question

i swaped in the:
    Drivers door: latch, pwr mirror, pwr window, LX door harnes
    Passenger door: pwr lock motor, pwr mirror, pwr window, LX door harnes

even tho i swaped this into my car the pwr locks dont work and everything pluged in right and the under dash has all the same wires in the door plug as the LX under dash harnes.....WHY WONT THEY WORK!!!!???

thanx
    shaun
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

i don't see the doorlock relay on your list....

Comment

where is that at? and what do i need to do to swap it in?

More Information

Comment

It's a grey relay box found in the cluster of relays under the dash, above hte clutch pedal.

Comment

thanx a zillion dude
          1 more question.......now that in my dx all my doors have pwr locks and windows, how can i make it so when i puch the unlock button on my alarm remote it unlocks all 4 doors insted of all but the drivers door?.......could i just swap in a lx front passenger door harnes and the motor?

More Information

Comment

im going to the junk yard on monday to see what i can find....what do i need to scrounge from an lx to get the remote locks to work on the drivers door?

thanx
            shaun

More Information

Comment

The LX power doorlock system is a semi central system. The actual doorlock knob on the door panel is the switch, it tells the other doors what to do. If you want remote keyless entry, you must recreate the physical action of you pushing or pulling on the doorlock knob. Meaning, you need to add an aftermarket doorlock motor to just the drivers door. The alarm or keyless unit will just need to control that single added motor, as the other doors will follow suit with whatever the drivers door is doing.

More info can be found on my Vehicle Security FAQ, link is in my sig below.

Comment

thanx!

More Information

Comment

what does it mean to swape something?
                  rock and roll is bitchin

Comment

Originally posted by 93protosnoozer
                    what does it mean to swape something?
                    it means to grap my tired.

ok seriously...it means to remove one item and replace with another.

No offense really, but what the hell are they teaching in schools these days?

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                      it means to grap my tired.

ok seriously...it means to remove one item and replace with another.

No offense really, but what the hell are they teaching in schools these days?
                      I think you need a checkup on what you learned in school cause im for sure that the word "swape" you had it as is actually spelled "swap" so i was just wondering what the new word "swape" meant thats all
                      rock and roll is bitchin

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                        The LX power doorlock system is a semi central system. The actual doorlock knob on the door panel is the switch, it tells the other doors what to do. If you want remote keyless entry, you must recreate the physical action of you pushing or pulling on the doorlock knob. Meaning, you need to add an aftermarket doorlock motor to just the drivers door. The alarm or keyless unit will just need to control that single added motor, as the other doors will follow suit with whatever the drivers door is doing.

More info can be found on my Vehicle Security FAQ, link is in my sig below.

couldnt i just go to the junky yard and get a dvrs side back door lock motor and bolt it into the front door and have the power just connected directly to the alarm for the unlock/lock?