Repainting faded trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repainting faded trim

Can I just tape off my trim; sand, spray paint, and clear coat it. Or should I do something else?

my advice would be to remove the trim; using a heat gun or any other method you know, and then sand it smooth, lay the 1st coat of primer, sand it smooth, than another coat. after that, you can spray the color(i'd spray a couple coats), than clear. remember, if you want to half-ass it, it will show in the paint. do it right the first time. peace
    i hate being broke!

Comment

I think demonvicticious taped off his trim and painted it... I'm not sure on the results...
      1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
      1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
      2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
      2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

i would just tape it off using fineline tape. Wet sand the shine off of it, lay a couple coats of primer surfacer on, mist some black paint on afterwards and wet sand untill all the black is gone, If you have a really bad chip that you cant sand out(youll see this because of the black paint), use some finishing putty to fill the lowspo and then sand smooth.. Once you get all the low spots taken car of, then you can lay a couple coats of color down, and after your last coat, with the paint tacky but not smeary to touch, lay a couple coats of clear...and as dark angel said, take your time and do it right the first time, youll see any mistakes in the paint if it is a dark color.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
        X