thanks proto2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks proto2k

Hey thanks a lot. i went to look for one of those mitsu eclipse turbos and ended up going to a web site i'd never been to and found a turb for my car,MY CAR! Yes the 1.6l 1999 mazda protege! HELL YEAH!
    light'en'em up! always

honda
    1999 protege DX
    auto trans sony Xplod replacing all stock speakers. roadmaster 12" sub.

Somebody's Gettin' Boosted!
    " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
    Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
    Painted calipers
    Injen CAI
    Custom exhaust
    Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

What was the site you found? I might be interested in seeing what they are offering.

Comment

here is dat website

Originally posted by Proto2k
        What was the site you found? I might be interested in seeing what they are offering.
        I went on google and found this website that had turboes for the 1.6, 1.8, and the 2.0. it was www.turbo-kits.com/protege. for the 1.6 it has a superior kit and an extreme kit(with intercooler). the 1.8 and 2.0 only take the extreme .
        light'en'em up! always

honda
        1999 protege DX
        auto trans sony Xplod replacing all stock speakers. roadmaster 12" sub.

Comment

Who are these guys?
          Nice find

Anyone know how the zmde and the fsde can share the same turbo kit (extreme)?

This kit only give 30% increase in power, that would give us like 110 hp what is that a stock 2l?

Comment

Not very impressive numbers. Especially since I will be running a t25 as well but I will see a 100% increase in power. Save your money and piece one together yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
              Not very impressive numbers. Especially since I will be running a t25 as well but I will see a 100% increase in power. Save your money and piece one together yourself.

Well being its the same turbo....if they up the boost and fuel to the same your running, they would be right around the same area of power increase....this company is just setting the wastegate at 6psi, but a boost controller will fix that easily.

Comment

also, he has ATx.. he'll have to splurge a little more to get a tranny cooler to run safely while boosted.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                RB springs
                Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Even for the highest power kit they are overcharging way too much. It looks like most of the parts they are using are generic pieces of crap. I am putting together my entire system with includes all the turbo parts and some very nice electronics for $2500.

Comment

i'm not saying they're any good.. i found that site a few weeks ago... everything was overpriced in my opinion...
                    if i decide to boost my car, it will all be custom or the Essentialspeed ATx kit... $3700CDN (2750US) for a kit with tranny cooler isn't too shabby..

RB springs
                    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

so does anyone know if there is some kind of turbo setup that the 1.6 autos will be able to handle?

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
                        so does anyone know if there is some kind of turbo setup that the 1.6 autos will be able to handle?

I dont know your transmissions tq rating but id say its pretty low being a mazda auto tranny on such a low output motor. Just find out what it is (I know someone on this board knows) and dont exceed it....turbo kits dont put out any certain amount of power...its all based on your amount of boost....you could turbocharge and run only a few lbs, just to be safe..and stilll gain a decent amount of power....probly not enough to warrant a 3000$ turbo setup, but still some power.

And you have to realize guys, when company's sell turbo kits....they arent just buying all the parts and giving it to you at their cost....they do a lot fo the guesswork and part searchin for you so they throw a hefty overhead in there...its true buying it peice by peice is cheaper,.

Comment

according to the peeps at ES, anything under 6psi doesn't require much done to your auto tranny, and you should gain approx. 55whp...
                          from there, you can just upgrade the turbo kit with wastegate, bov and intercooler... but with that, you'll also have to get a stronger tranny (level10) cuz once you go over 6lbs of boost, the tranny won't be able to control the power.

RB springs
                          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Working...
                          X