Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header!!!

Ok,
    so who should i get a header from for my 2001 protege????

Ive only found 2 headers online and the both look identicle and both look undisireable. i guess ive been spoiled with track only headers but i seriously need to let this engine breath. i may make up a test pipe for track days but my plan is to keep the factory Mazdaspeed (racing beat) CAT back system on it.......

hit me up please
    Casey ZOOM ZOOM
    American Racing Supply
    222 W Utah
    Las Vegas NV 89102
    702-382-8520

awr racing

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707 View Post
      awr racing
      Ya I know Tony personally but i dont want a race header but may have to go to him to have one made that will actually make power......im getting other things from him though
      Casey ZOOM ZOOM
      American Racing Supply
      222 W Utah
      Las Vegas NV 89102
      702-382-8520

Comment

You don't want a proven race header, but want to have the same company custom build one that will "make power"? Why not just buy the race header?

That said, you're only going to gain a few hp on a good day anyway, so why splurge? I had an OBX header on my old P5 and it was alright. The fitment was kind of crappy at the j-pipe, but a least the welds were good. SR Motorpsorts makes one, I believe, but I hear that they're less than trustworthy.
        Last edited by ThatGreenBG; 07-17-2012, 10:16 PM.
        Team Fail Motorsports

That's just the nature of the beach.

Comment

a header for the FS makes a notable change. id vote for its worthiness as a mod
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Chaney View Post
            You don't want a proven race header, but want to have the same company custom build one that will "make power"? Why not just buy the race header?

That said, you're only going to gain a few hp on a good day anyway, so why splurge? I had an OBX header on my old P5 and it was alright. The fitment was kind of crappy at the j-pipe, but a least the welds were good. SR Motorpsorts makes one, I believe, but I hear that they're less than trustworthy.
            Well a true race header has a fire cone and the piping slips onto it. I have seen a couple online but they are all identicle. Our headers on the World Challenge cars made pretty darn good power. I would like a long tube 4-2-1 ideally but would settle for a 4-1 .......was just feeling out the waters first to see if anyone had seen anything else.

Anything from AWR is and will always be top notch!!
            Casey ZOOM ZOOM
            American Racing Supply
            222 W Utah
            Las Vegas NV 89102
            702-382-8520

Comment

Working...
            X