wheel bearing Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel bearing Q

ive eaten another bearing up in my pro same side as usall the passenger side.

are there any links to my strut bar ? would that speed the wear on the wheel bearing?

how long do these suckers supposed to last?

thanks i appricate the info
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

this is the first one with the black pro right ?? i know u went thru them liek a mo fo on the red pro... and its the same side.. so it may possiblyh be that strut bar because thats really the opnly thing suspension wise that i moved car off that inst it??
    Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
    -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
    -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
    -B&M Short Throw Shifter
    -MX-3 GS front seats
    -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
    (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

Did you change the hub when you changed the bearing? When I went to have my bearing pressed in a couple of months ago, the guy said that my hub was bad also. (because the bearing was shot the hub was spinning around and not the bearing causing it to go fubar as well) He said that if the hub was not replaced that it would just end up eating away the new bearing and I would be replacing it again before too long. FYI, new hub from dealer = $99.
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

i have replaced the nhub a few times before in my old car, this one i havent been down there to even turn a bolt, this is the first time ive ever had a problem down there besides the axel being bad

i tryed to swap a new hub today but i couldnt get the axel nut off, broke a breaker bar and a socket bar, after that we gave up, ill get a shop to do it on monday
        No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Yeah, those axle nuts can be a bitch! I broke two ratchet's trying to get one off. I have air tool's now!
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
          X