Need Help With ACT Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help With ACT Clutch

We're trying to get the act in, but having some problems. We got all three of the motormounts off, all the bolts are off the bell housing. What else could possibly still be holding it in?

**** i dont know.
    light'en'em up! always

honda
    1999 protege DX
    auto trans sony Xplod replacing all stock speakers. roadmaster 12" sub.

Comment

We got it figured out. Now all that is left is to bolt the engine back. I am seeing now why some shops charge so much to install a clutch.

Comment

Here are some random shots of the night. The two guys in the pictures are doing the entire install since I know **** about engines and installing difficult parts like that. They are going to bolt the rest of it in tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait.

And supplying the sounds tonight, an old school 8 track player. Which for some odd reason sounds incredible for what it is.

Comment

Ahhh Bad Memories From My Install!!!!!!
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

did you resurface the flywheel ...
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i didnt resurface mine and now i have a howl from the clutch when the flywheel is cold.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                We got it figured out. Now all that is left is to bolt the engine back. I am seeing now why some shops charge so much to install a clutch.
                Can I ask you what was holding it up? Was it the last bolt under the motor mount? :p: I got stuck on that for a while... :rofl:
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

shoot man, you mean to tell me you don't have air tools..

and pro2k.. you have got to learn how to wrench on your car bro.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i didnt resurface mine, no problems here. just scuffed it up a bit, and it runs strong.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                      Can I ask you what was holding it up? Was it the last bolt under the motor mount? :p: I got stuck on that for a while... :rofl:
                      Everything is supported with jack stands. I didn't just let it hang by a motor mount. Come on give me more credit than that.

And Bruce I am not very good at all when it comes to drivetrain work. I have been just watching and learning. Now I can do all the show mods without much trouble. Getting ready to put the drive axles back in. They were giving us some trouble last night.

Comment

did you resurface the flywheel ....

That is usually a very good thing to do. That way you give the new clutch pad a nice and clean surface to mate to.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

No I didn't resurface the flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by charles

We werent aware the axles ahd to be fully removed

and we make do with what tools we have.....hell atleast we have a tourqe wrench

and after only 35k its usually safe to not resurface the flywheel....i mean hell its pratcially brand new.

Comment

Just resurface it, it's not gonna run more than $40... trust me. They'll also take out the old pilot bearing when they do it, then you can replace that too.

Edit: P.S., check out the old flywheel that was on my GTX... LOL
                              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                              X