mx3 seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mx3 seats?

i was wondering if anyone has tried putting seats from an mx3 into a protege? will they bolt right in? and also about motor size, if they can put a v6 into that, then the protege could hold it

Yes, the MX3 seats are a direct bolt in for the 1st gen, and has been done by lots of people. I have seen them in a 2nd gen also, but I don't know if it requires modification or not.
    The V6 (KL-ZE for the j-spec version, KL-06? for the us version) does fit in a 1st gen, but requires lots of extra parts. I don't know if the KL series engines fit in a 2nd gen, but I've heard no. I can't verify that though, someone else will have to.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

The mx-3 seats do bolt into the 2nd gen. There is a little bit of modification to have them sit right. They will sit slanted so you need to put spacers in. See my cardomain page to see how the leather GS seats look.
      Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
      FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
      Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

did you do just the seats or the whole bracket and rails also? so couldnt I just order rails for an mx3 when i order seats and it work just fine?

Comment

I think it's the rails that causes the leaning.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

hmm i didn't try using the rails cause i couldn't get them apart.. i had to modify the seats slightly to fit on the protege rails.. that bites... wish i had realized i could have used the mx3 rails..
            In the Garage
            Black 93 MX-3 GS
            Bp powered
            GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
            MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Working...
            X