saturn ion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saturn ion...

my gf has a 97 celica st, not a fast car by any means. she calls me one day all excited "i beat the *whatever his name was*" apparently she passed a kid with a modded saturn on a long straight, and he couldnt catch up. good girl.

well she starts talking **** on my behalf about how my car will kick his car's ass. anyways im going on a pizza deliverey and i catch up to him just before a bit of a long windy road. he flashed his brights (im behind him) and guns it.why not, i had been in 2nd at around 3.1/2-4k rpm, so i stuck on his ass easy, and we are going around the turns and he obviously has no idea that he's up against the mighty protege... . anyways i stay on his ass the entire time thru these easy turns, then a hard left comes up. he takes it too fast, as i expected he would, and slides to the outside, i cut inside and we are dead even on a ood 1/4 of a mile straight. i pull on him BARELY, JUST BARELY. but there is a hard right coming up, and since i deliver pizza's in this area and drive this road all the time, i know that there is alot of dirt on this part of the road. and being that he ****ed up in the lest turn i naturally assume he's gonna do the same here, im in the outside lane, him the inside. i slow down and let watch him, very sloppily, go into the turn and fishtail, right into where i would be. WHEW! at the same time i downshift into 2nd, putting my a good 3 cars in front of him by the time were out of the turn. once again i pull on him BARELY.

when i got back to pizza hut i told my gf what happened, and she asked why my hands were shaking so much, i hadnt noticed, but they were shaking like tom hanks in saving private ryan. it was the biggest rush i have ever felt. ever.
    Serenity's Dead.

btw, saturn had intake, 3" catback into a 4-1/2 muffler
    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

3" cat back is way too big of piping. esp just for n/a 4 banger. most i would suggest would be 2 1/4....nice kill.
      Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
      FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
      Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Project323
        3" cat back is way too big of piping. esp just for n/a 4 banger. most i would suggest would be 2 1/4....nice kill.
        i was trying to make the point that he was a ricer in the purest form. my car is gonna get a 2 1/4 inch catback soon as i get the money
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

good kill man. were you listening to metallica at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            good kill man. were you listening to metallica at the time?
            actually fade to black had just ended and just as i started racing, actually a few seconds before, disturbed-shout 2000 came on. it was surreal, i felt like i was in initial D
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Nice kill man........i guess the music fueled your foot.....Muhahahahha!
              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Good driving, way to be psuedo-careful
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

Sounds like you guys were on a road course or something... I sure hope you guys weren't diving into opposite traveling lanes through those turns.
                  -Robert
                  '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolinPro93
                    Sounds like you guys were on a road course or something... I sure hope you guys weren't diving into opposite traveling lanes through those turns.
                    it was a 2 lane backroad(thru an industrial area thats still being developed), but it feels like a little road coarse. its a fun little set of twistys to drive on. he knew the road too because he drives it everyday just like me.

FEAR THE MOGHTY PROTEGE, RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRR!
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

that "saturn" more than liikely had a 140hp 2.2l Ecotec. If he could drive at all you would have been owned in the 1/4 straight strip......sure its not gonna outhandle a protege.....but in a straight line, you would have got romped (if the kid could drive) and your G/Fs celica should have got romped on to....

certianly if the Ion was a getrag 5speed too.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.4~TuNeR~GoD

that "saturn" more than liikely had a 140hp 2.2l Ecotec. If he could drive at all you would have been owned in the 1/4 straight strip......sure its not gonna outhandle a protege.....but in a straight line, you would have got romped (if the kid could drive) and your G/Fs celica should have got romped on to....

certianly if the Ion was a getrag 5speed too.
                        first of all,(edited for civility) be nice.

second of all, i have no reason to lie or falsify things that didnt happen. if i wanted to boost my "internet-ego" i would have said that i pulled on him easily. the fact is that my car was just a teeny tiny bit faster than his in a straight line. but i guess its unfathomable to you that because a car is rated at 140hp by the manufacturer, does not mean it puts that to the ground. let alone the possibility that its just about as old as my car so the engine might be worn down, while OMG GUESS WHAT, my engine has less than 30,000 miles on it.

see, you got me all... riled up. i need a beer.
                        Last edited by KiddX; 03-01-2004, 11:39 PM.
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                          first of all, i dont like you. you go about your argumants in entirely the wrong way and come off as a prick.

second of all, i have no reason to lie or falsify things that didnt happen. if i wanted to boost my "internet-ego" i would have said that i pulled on him easily. the fact is that my car was just a teeny tiny bit faster than his in a straight line. but i guess its unfathomable to you that because a car is rated at 140hp by the manufacturer, does not mean it puts that to the ground. let alone the possibility that its just about as old as my car so the engine might be worn down, while OMG GUESS WHAT, my engine has less than 30,000 miles on it.

see, you got me all... riled up. i need a beer.

since when is an Ion 40 years old? Its a new model line

all im saying is if he can drive, he should have romped you pretty bad....its facts, nothing more.....the BS flag was probly a bit harsh so i apologize for that.....But I just dont see this happening if he could drive well.....but seeing as he had a 3 friggen inch exhaust then he obviously doesnt know too much about anything, and more than likely couldnt drive. so it could all be entirely true....but based on FACTS, he should have beat you...

Comment

Things are more complicated than how much horsepower you have. For example, my roommate's Crown Vic is about as fast as my Pro, with a V8.
                            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMarauder
                              Things are more complicated than how much horsepower you have. For example, my roommate's Crown Vic is about as fast as my Pro, with a V8.

lol, duh.....

its power to weight ratio and gearing. The ion has a getrag 5 speed that i would bet money has much better gearing than whatever transmission this guy had, and i know its better than the celicas. 2. The Ion was built on the epsilon platform.....which weighs right around what a j-body did (2300lbs on average) which puts it very close to what the pro weighs.....and probly right around what the celica weighs.

but i gotta wonder....what mods do you ahve to run 15s? Crownvics are mid 15second cars even with a light bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X