Mazda 3 Q&A...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda 3 Q&A...

I am new to the forums. I am looking at trading in my Kia spectra for a brand new Mazda 3. I went to the dealership yesterday and love the car. It's a beautiful ride and not too bad on HP to weight. I was originally going for an SRT-4 but couldn't take that route for various reasons. I was really bummed out about it but I saw this car and I think I'll be ok! lol!

Anyway I was wondering if any problems have risen with these cars? Is anyone having any reoccurring problems with these?

I am sketchy still B/C it's their first year out and it's ussually the year to remove all the bugs. But if anyone would like to share their experiences I'd appreciate it.
    2000 Kia Spectra
    2003 Nissan Xterra
    1990 Mazda Protege (190k miles and still kickin! and beats the crap out of my Kia! lol. )

I am about to purchase a 2004 Mazda 3 if all works out!

Everything I have heard has been pretty positive

ProtegeGarage.com - Over 525 parts shipped WORLDWIDE for your Mazda Protege, Mazda3, Mazda5, Mazda6, MX-5 and Mazda RX-8
    email :: Ken@mazda3online.com
    Phone :: (847) 223-6890
    Cell Phone :: (847) 736-1635

We Accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Check and Money Order

CLICK HERE FOR BG CHASSIS CARBON FIBER HOODS

Comment

My Dad just got one, he's having difficulty with the shifter (hard throws). I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I got his 1990 323 in the bargain, something maybe to play with. Oh first post.

Comment

hmmm... well, i'm havin that problem on the first two gear... but you'll ignore this once you rev up.. this car rev beautifully to 7200rpm... i know the red line is 6500 but i've tried till 7200 still didn't get cut off...

another prob that i got this rotten egg smell sometimes.... prob the cat conv... dunno

other than that? its all good... fun to drive...

Mazda3 SP23 - 2004 2.3 SVT Manual 5door - Red - no mod yet

Comment

So did you end up trading your Kia for the 3?
          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

i just got a mazda 3 cause i totalled my pro and i love it. it shifts soooo smooth, acceleration is great, awesome handling, just a great car all around. it does a good job picking up where the protege left off. id definately recommend this car to anyone. i test drove toyotas (what a joke), an srt4, and a focus, and none of them can even compare. definately the best new car around with a reasonable price.
            2002.5 protege dx

Comment

my 3s experience

I have 5K miles on my 5-door and absolutely love it! No problems at all ... although I would look at swapping out the Eagle RSA's for separate summer and winter rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy-j
                I am new to the forums. I am looking at trading in my Kia spectra for a brand new Mazda 3. I went to the dealership yesterday and love the car. It's a beautiful ride and not too bad on HP to weight. I was originally going for an SRT-4 but couldn't take that route for various reasons. I was really bummed out about it but I saw this car and I think I'll be ok! lol!

Anyway I was wondering if any problems have risen with these cars? Is anyone having any reoccurring problems with these?

I am sketchy still B/C it's their first year out and it's ussually the year to remove all the bugs. But if anyone would like to share their experiences I'd appreciate it.

Three things: 1- Half the time it balks at going into reverse. I have under 300 miles on it, no doubt it will loosen up when synchros break in.
                2- Reports are that there is too-quick a build-up of brake dust on the rear wheels.
                3- Reportedly also the Protege5's roof rack resulted in so many noise complaints that you cannot get one on the Mazda3. The Thule after-market model looks like a real add-on, not that smooth.

Comment

Working...
                X