What is it with dealers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with dealers??

My wife and I are in the market for a left over P5-auto(for her). THe best I've seen locally is $2500 off msrp, and with my trade(I'm upside down on it) payments of $473 for 6 years. My credit is impeccable so that's not the problem. They say the problem is the trade, and I understand that. But these are leftover cars, there should be some incentive to move the damn things.
    It really seems to me that dealers are just out to RAPE RAPE RAPE the customer.
    *RANT OVER*
    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

how far upside down are you on your car?
    I saw a new P5 go for $12,600 at a local dealer. It was the last one they had and it was a 5spd. Go further outside your normal driving range?
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

I found it to be the same around here.. the city dealers like to use a broomstick on you...
      the nicest deal i got in my city was a 2003 pro es, loaded for $420CDN a month for 5 years (2.9% fin.).. and that was like 4 months ago, prior to the arrival of the 3s..

but cars are generally cheaper in Canada... so that may also be the diff.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

There's tons of 3's on the lots now. They want nearly the same price for the cars. Reee-fuggindickulous. I'm about $5k upside down. But what's killin me is what they want for left-overs.
        '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

if you think thats bad, im picking up a 1st gen eclipse w/ 187k on it and it needs work. an engine transplant, and other things. they wouldn't settle for a grand or 1200 even. they had to add 62.59 on to it! a whole 62 friggin dollars to get "what they had in it". f-dealers! how do they sleep? if anything, try to sell the car outright, or save some cash to rid of the negative equity. the best advice i could offer is hagle them to come off and that your a potential 1st time customer. i haggled the price of the car i looked at from 2600 down to what they would get wholesale for it. or like the other said, try to go to a bigger dealership that moves more cars, and see what "deal" they could set you up w/. just remember, you don't have to settle, and sign!
          i hate being broke!

Comment

Damn straight I don't have to "settle and sign". I went into the dealers, told them what I was willing to pay per month X 60 months, and was firm with that. I walked away with nothing but wasted time. I don't NEED a new car. I want one, but on MY terms.
            '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

34,056 ...

how much are you paying for the frigin car....
              Man, forget the dealer. buy the car from somone outright...
              the interest involved in buying a new car is not worth it.
              bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Settle on the final price of the car, before telling them you want to trade a car in. They'll lowball you on your trade in.
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

i hate dealer period.

i have the most stress buying a new car
                  heck, once at a toyota dealer, we (my mother and I ) were looking at some mini suv
                  (the rav4 or the CRV)
                  Rav4 was the first one to see. we were impressed.
                  my mum was all about it. however, we wanted to see the jeep and the honda.
                  but the dealer won't let it go.
                  he kept pushing us, pushing us.
                  i explained to his thick skull ( i know it is his job)
                  that we are NOT BUYING TODAY, we are just shopping, seeing the best deal
                  he is like, i will offer this ONLY if you buy it right now
                  we are like "yea rite", this is the base and it is expesnive as ****
                  so, he is like ok, thanks
                  let me get you my card

now, i know those dealer dudes are dumb, but not THAT DUMB!!!
                  you goes and gets his manager instead.
                  you should have seen me. i began laughing hysterically
                  i made the dude like ask what is wrong with me, i just handed it to him
                  i am like
                  " we are not buying the car. we don't want the car. we are just shopping. if you gave us the car for free we wont take it. nothing you can do will make us take the car. if you stil want my buisness, let us on our way with your card, or we will just go to another toyota dealer. "
                  that basically shut him the hell up

we turned away, looked at the crv and never looked back
                  the dude calls us in a few days after we bought the crv
                  asks us if we coming back
                  nope was the answer
                  why he asks
                  CRV
                  Oh was the reply
                  yep on my side, cya

anyways, the honda dealer at tysons were the best.
                  we met some good people there and they knocked off about 2500 to 3000 off the sticker price for a fully loaded CRV EX.

it is a blast.

probably the best experience i had with a dealer.

all the rest, including the pro sucked major ass
                  Last edited by pro00; 03-18-2004, 10:12 PM.

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
                    payments of $473 for 6 years. My credit is impeccable so that's not the problem.
                    Dude - something is SERIOUSLY wrong with those numbers.

My P5 loan is about $15,000. I got the 4.9% rate waaaaayyy back when the 5's first came out. And it's 60 months.

My payments are a shade under $300 a month.

So HOW could you POSSIBLY have to pay almost $500/month for SIX years?

How much is loan? Sounds like well over $30,000!?!?!

What were the terms, and how much of a hit are you taking for the trade?

The way I see it, you'd have to be at least $10-grand+ upside-down on the trade for these numbers to be right.

And that can't be.

More details please?

~HH

Comment

Amazing isn't it? And what's crazy is I'm not bull****ting about the nymbers. I'm $5k upside down on the trade. And my credit is spotless. Never defaulted on anything, ever. I can't fathom why they think I'm stupid enough to go for a 'deal' like that.
                      Oh yeah, the guy called me back a couple weeks ago and wanted to know if I'd reconsider. "We've got a $2500 rebate........." Uh huh....
                      '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

When I bought my truck, I borrowed $36,000. My loan was for 10yrs at 9.99% and my note was $571.71. They are really trying to screw you.
                        [

Comment

Quit fishin......
                          '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Originally posted by customprotege
                            When I bought my truck, I borrowed $36,000. My loan was for 10yrs at 9.99% and my note was $571.71. They are really trying to screw you.

Jesus, 10 years Thats just horrible

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                              Jesus, 10 years Thats just horrible
                              My bad, I don't know what I was thinking. It was for 6 yrs. Not 10. I guess I was thing about the interest when typing it.
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X