Turbo 2.0L 626 engine, in a MX-3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo 2.0L 626 engine, in a MX-3?

Hey, i recently obtained a Mazda 626 GT with a Turbocharged 2.0L DOHC engine, and i was wondering if anyone had tried or if it was possible to put that engine in my 92 Mazda MX-3, with a 1.6L SOHC. I appreciate any input that you have. Thanks-Joe

a) the engine is a 2.2L F2T engine

b) do a search this has been covered many times for the protege

c) i'll save you some time, the protege and mx3 have the same unibody. so not without custom mounting and alxes.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Hey Protoss,
      On the engine it says 2.0L Turbo DOHC. I thought i was a 2.2L also, but on the engine it self, that's what it says. Thanks for the input though-Joe

Comment

Yeah manufactures tend to do weird things ilke that.. like my 22r being a 2.4l Either way there should be a labe on the underside of the hood that should list the displacemnet.. You can also look it up from the vin number or in the door jam.

But for the price it would cost to swap this into a mx3 it would be easier to do a BPT GTX/R swap and the results would likly be better too.

If your really looking into mx3 performance you can check out www.mx-3.com there is also a FAQ in there forums sectoin.
        -torp.
        94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
        81 Celica Gt..

Comment

Hey i Looked at the car again, it is a 87 Mazda 626 Turbo GT, and it is infact a Turbo 2.0L Inline 4. The only reason, i am thinking about this conversion is b/c i got the whole car $50, b/c of a bad fuel pump. I own a shop and can do all the work my self, so i'm not looking into spending alot of money. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks-Joe

Comment

Fix it and sell it as a running car for 1k(or modestly below market value).. That is what i usually do when i get that type of opportunity.. Think of the profit margin. Well if there is a clean title.. if not owning a shop you could do a mechanics lein..
            -torp.
            94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
            81 Celica Gt..

Comment

right the FET existed in 1986-87: 1998cc, i wouldn't bother. rebuild and resell. you will get more power out of a BP which is an easier/cheaper swap.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

No I believe that the 2.0 DOHC is the FE3

Comment

I don't think the FE3 was sold in NA, except in the Kia sportage.
                  Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                  BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                  Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

The FE/T was only sold in 86-87 acording to my sources. the FE engine is quite numerous in the older 626. and yes it is a 2.0L engine. a 1998cc engine as stated before.

iirc the 2.0L 3rd gen is a FS engine.
                    Last edited by Protoss; 03-03-2004, 01:53 AM.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Working...
                    X