Time for new springs/struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for new springs/struts

Hello im looking at new springs and struts, i think im going to go with a 1.3 drop. I am also thinking about GR-2 Struts. I sorta want adjustable struts though, are there any known ones out htere . Also, what do coilovers do and what do they replace?

3rd link over from the right on the top under the header aka SEARCH does wonders as this has been talked about and ungodly amount of times

Comment

The only adjustable ones out there are made by Mazdaspeed. They are $170 a piece, and only very few are left. If thats too much, your only choise is OEM sh*t, or KYB GR-2. On my car I did 1.3' drop with H&R springs and new GR-2s all around.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

turbonium959,
        Is their a big diference in the handling since you did the drop?
        Do you easily "bottom out" on pavement variations (ex. Rough roads)?
        I already have the GR-2's and i'm thinking about the 1.3 drop with the H&R's

The only reason I'm heasitant about dropping my car is because we have alot of rough roads and pot holes where i live.

Calibur,
        I already have the GR-2's and i like the way the car feels on the road now, it's a much smoother ride compared to my previous shocks.

Comment

Handeling is greatly improved. Especially since I have a front strut bar in place, and 205/55 tires. I never buttomed out, but I certainly drive more cautiosly now. The new suspension is not soft by any means, and almost any imperfection on the road there is will be felt by you. Its all up to you. I never tried any other springs, so if others want to share their experience, please do so. But driving into the corners and high-way ramps is simply a pleasure.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
          X