Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Tickets ( I never posted about it)

---------------today's biz---------------------
    I had to go to court in Greenburgh to take care of a following to closely ticket. About 16months ago I got 3 tickets in one shot. I pled to two and not guilty to one (more on this later).
    So I go to court and the State trooper was not there, he had another state trooper in his place . I get called up to the desk and go to see the trooper. When I get up to the desk he has all three tickets up there and he says that for the following to closely he would bump it down to a parking ticket and I would not get any points on my license. Trust me , I am more than frigin happy. I really don't want any more points on my license and can't afford that ****..
    He goes on to tell me that if I did not plead guilty to the 92 in a 55 and the unsafe passing ,.. he would have dropped that down to a 62 in a 55 and a parking ticket . Don't you know I am so frigin mad. Right now I am wishing I never pled guilty. The fines would have cost me approx. 400 dollars all together but I would only have 3 points on my license.
    Well anyway bottom line I paid 135 all together for a parking ticket and no points on my license. I really can't express how happy I am. I am thanking God that he got me out of this one because I don't know what I would have done if they decided to charge me with the ticket ..

so that's that part

------------------what happened 15+ months ago -------------------
    I was at work in CVS pharmacy, I worked in the pharmacy and that night I was the one counting (dishing out the pills). So I was running a really bad fever and my pharmacist checked me out and told be to go home, due to me sweating and being kind of faintesh...

So I get in the Protege and jet home.. (at this time I had the coilovers and the 16's) ..
    So I am on the saw mill pkwy and I am taking my time all the way down. I get off and get on the sprain and I am still taking my time .. I get to the 287 crossover and I realize how long of a drive I have. So I kinda speed up. I notice a white honda accord trying to stay with me and basically lost him in the myths..(he couldn't keep up) ..
    Well I get through traffic as there was a lot of people on the road that night. I just happened to catch these breaks that you almost never catch. I look in my rear view and I see a bright brief flash of light and I wonder, "what the hell is that" . My windows are tinted 20% in the rear so I could not make the cop out amongst the other traffic. (bad part about tints). So I go on a bit more and I see this damn light again ... it is like a flicker. oh well whatever .. I catch a few more breaks in traffic and I am just out. All of a sudden I get stuck behind a damn van and can't go anywhere.. so I am sitting there and looking in my rear view and I see this flicker of light again . I am seriously wondering who the hell this person is .. The he gets behind me and just sits there. I don't really think anything off it . The van moves out the way and I spead up and move over .. Ofcourse then I was doing a little over the 90 symbol .. then he turns on his lights and pulls me over..

-----------------It turns out it was the trooper behind me and he could not catch up to me , because I would constantly slip inbetween cars and basically just be out .. needless to say he was not that happy-------------------------

Well anyway he asks for license and regist. you know the usuall.. But the odd part was he told me to get out the car ... ahhh ****..
    And I left my cell and my Nyquil in the damn protege. ahh double ****..
    So he arrests me and what not. They flat bed the protege becuase it is to low for a regular tow truck.
    The whole way to the station the cop is doing like a 100 up the damn sprain with me in the back with these tight as handcuffs pressing up against my damn watch ... thus hurting the **** out of me. .
    So we are in the car and I am blabing and running off my mouth.. and basically talking my way out of frigin charges and bail. I don't have any frigin money for this ****... I'm frigin broke.
    So I manage to get out of the bail and the misdemenor charge, but not before I get 3 frigin tickets. . So I call my mom, aint no ****ing way I am calling my dad. He would make me stay in there .. as a matter of fact I would rather stay in there than call him.. **** where's my bed.
    So my mom comes and gets me. I go through the 20 questions and leave.
    So I get home and I realize that it was a friday or something and I can't get my car till monday becuase either they were closed on sat. or I had something to do(I don't remeber).
    I go the whole damn weekeng fealing all depressed and ****. I don't have my car. It's impounded , I got arrested. Plus this is gonna cost me money and what not. I am basically just pissed.

Bottom line he set me up for a suspension .. All those tickets would have given me like 13 points and You are only allowed 10 at any given point and time in New York State.
    So I calculate the tickets and send in 2 and plead not guilty to 1.
    I wish to god, if I had known that I could have gotten off all three. I would have plead not guilty to all of them...

And that's the story I never told Protegeclub or any other board or really person for that matter. This is why I also never touched ticket posts due to me not wanting to Jinx myself. I have to tell you I think it worked because that following to closely is now a parking ticket... which means NO POINTS .
    It cost me 135 bucks, out my savings account that I have to put back ... but hell for no points .. I will take it .. .

And that's my story
    Bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

dude, rule #1 when dealing with cops is NEVER plead guilty plead ignorance first, it usually works:p: i've done that so many times with illegal red and blue lights on my car, and my system and i've never gotten a ticket for the lights or system (knocking on wood really ****ing hard at this point):p: and if you plan on going to court, always plead not guilty, cause even if the cop show up, and says that you did what you did, the judge doesn't want to deal with all the time it takes to get both sides, and offers a reduced punishment/ticket(s). my friend got out of doing 97 in a 55 by going to court, and the cop showed up. he ended up with a disobeying a posted traffic sign $73 and no jail time and 2 points, which is better than 4 or 5, can't remember which.

Comment

They probably lessened the charge in hopes you would plead guilty since the guy wasn't there. If the guy isn't there and you plead "not guilty" then he cannot charge you because he can't hear the Trooper's response to your pleading. It happened in a case where a friend of ours was charged for breaking in his exgf's house. How could he do that when he was with us that night getting hammered. Of course, we were all "watching t.v. at a friend's house" because we were all at the time under age and smoking stuff we shouldn't have been smoking

We all had to go to the lawyers office, he was a nervous wreck and finally courtdate comes, her lawyers are there and some witnesses too, but she never showed up! The lawyer of our friend didn't have to do **** except tell him to plead not guilty and because there is no one to contest it, then charges were dropped.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

yeah , I wish I had checked not guilty on all of them. Especially if I knew that this would take place.
        Oh well what can you do ...

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

getting a lawyer prolly woulda saved u money on this one

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
            getting a lawyer prolly woulda saved u money on this one
            no it wouldn't have ....
            I would have paid damn near 200 bucks to not have points ..

plus think of it this way... ok
            Lawyer goes with me ... I don't pay court.. but I pay lawyer...
            I still don't win ..
            to hell with it .
            I had no points and I left happy as hell.
            I may be out 135 but I will sell some stuff on ebay or something to make some money.
            I am currently looking all over the damn place for something to sell...
            I am about to sell the worms outside.
            Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

ill buy that nifty metal valve cover of urs

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                ill buy that nifty metal valve cover of urs
                right right ...lol

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

its so purdy mines like plastic with metal flake paint still prettier than an fs valve cover tho...cuz its got a bp under it

Comment

You know I am thinking about getting it polished ...
                    might cost like 120 . but that wouldn't be for weeks
                    Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

here in nova scotia if the cop dosent show you get to leave even if you pled guilty, no cop no charges you walk away with your wallet never being opened
                      No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex
                        here in nova scotia if the cop dosent show you get to leave even if you pled guilty, no cop no charges you walk away with your wallet never being opened
                        yeah that really sucked, the thing is they would either adjurn(sp) the ticket or they would have this other state trooper speak for the absent trooper .. He was basically working out a deal for everyone.

mine was (repeat info)
                        92 in 55 = pled guilty before hand
                        unsafe passing = pled guilty before hand
                        following to closely = cough(bull****)cough = knocked down to a parking ticket.

If I had not mailed in the two and pled guilty ...
                        92 in 55 = knocked down to a 62 in a 55.
                        unsafe passing= parking ticket (no points)
                        following to closely=parking ticket (no points)

I am pissed but that time has passed so oh well....
                        B1

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                        X