First Gen Turbo Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Gen Turbo Kit

Is there such a thing as a 1994 Mazda Protege LX Turbo Kit?

No, there's not. If you want to turbo your car, you'll need to setup your own turbo system.

-Moved to forced induction!
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

the first gen has a sister engine in the 323 GTX which is a turbo engine. do a search.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

If any of you live in Arizona and want a turbo kit made...
        I can hook you up with someone who can do the work ...
        just pm me for info.
        Bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

My friend at work said there was a new kit out for it, he was going to get me the details, i'll keep you posted, he said you will only have to do a little bit of customization

Comment

Its a poop load of money. I would rather go with the GTX setup, its made fr the car and there is not much custom stuff needed to make it work.
            BP-05 Turbo-Sold
            2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

GTX Who makes that? What company, where can you get it, and it would work on a 1994 Mazda Protege LX?

Comment

Gtx

Originally posted by elscotto80
                Its a poop load of money. I would rather go with the GTX setup, its made fr the car and there is not much custom stuff needed to make it work.
                Who makes that? What company, where can you get info on it. and would that work on a 1994 Mazda Protege Lx?

Comment

well its made by mazda all it is, is an lx motor (dohc) with a turbo, side mount intercooler and some better internals and i think the cams are different. its an almost direct bolt in motor and is capaple of big hp. u can find the hole front clip with this motor,ecu, all accesories on ebay even for like 1500 bucks plus shipping and then corksport has them (or can get u one) and is wut most ppl on this board do to their first gen pro if they want turbo.
                  i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by siren001
                    Who makes that? What company, where can you get info on it. and would that work on a 1994 Mazda Protege Lx?
                    More directly, search the forum for BPT or check out the FAQ. Short and sweet, BPT (gtx/gtr) is the turbo engine made by mazda that will direct swap into 90-94pros

Comment

you could ditch the small vj20 and get a good sized T28 or so... If anyone is from Arizona and has a 1st gen BP .. contact me for info.
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I still the The T28 is a bit small for the BP.. A moderately sized T3 will work wonders and be very cost effective. The Disco Potato that everyone is after is a decent turbo for 1.8-2.2L motors but is pretty pricey. Don't even try to use the T25 on the MSP, its worthless Go with a .42/.48 T3 or a .60/.63 if you want some top end. Both will turn 350whp without a sweat (12-16psi). The bigger T3/To4e combo will be a bit on the "heavy" lag side, even though it will spool a little later than a normal T3, its a bit overkill for anyone looking to stay under 400whp.
                        -Braden
                        '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

Heh, what about one of those variable vane turbos.... how much would that run?
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

why?

why a waste of money

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                              Heh, what about one of those variable vane turbos.... how much would that run?
                              Most likely be fairly expensive. They supposedly cut spool time in half though. Worth it?? You tell me.
                              I think it is, since you could run a bigger turbo and not worry quite so much about excessive lag.
                              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
                              X