Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draining coolant from my Protege...finally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draining coolant from my Protege...finally.

Alright, so I just drained the coolant via the radiator. My little Haynes manual type deal says there is a second drain plug somewhere on engine though. I can't find it. The illustration shown in the manual shows the plug for the single overhead cam engine, but I have the dual overhead type. Anyone know where that second drain plug is for my engine? Thanks in advance.

Rick
    My other car is a bicycle.

Forgot to mention I have 93' protege LX. Thanks.

Comment

Looks like you need the FSM. I don't know where it is, or I'd tell you.

What's with all the BG-related posts in the BF forum of late?
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Talking about posts from me or just posts in general?

Comment

You are posting in the wrong section...Should be in the bg section 90 to 95...

Comment

My bad. Mouse slipped.

Comment

I mean in general. I don't keep track of whose they are.
              1990 Protege 4WD
              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

True. Im not sure either. Could be the changing seasons? Ive noticed alot quite a few other vehicals around my area sitting on side of the road. Luckily, i havent been one of the one thats ended up stranded. I didnt mean dor my post to end up in this catagory either. Lol. I suppose my.mouse slipped or i wasnt paying attention. But yeah, im not sure either. I wish those that are having issues all the best though.

Comment

Working...
                X