there is officially something wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is officially something wrong

I was riding around with a check engine light for a few months just becuase my mechanic could not find a reason for the problem.

This morning I get into my car to find the check engine light is mysteriously gone, now it has come and gone before with no problem.
    I get in the car and the first thing I notice is a much quieter idle, odd becuase I usually sound like a truck.

I start driving and I have no power at all. I was pulling out into the highway to find that I could not accelerate for anything. I put the hammer down to find extreme hesitation around 3-4k rpm. Like it was about to stall out. The car was bucking back and forth on me too.
    In the lower rpm's the car would buck and loose power for no reason, I swear it was gonna turn off on me.

It was really bad when I was stuggling to get to 60mph. 5000rpm and the thing was topped out at 60. I had to break torqe to get into traffic.

HELP... I would take it to the mazda dealer but I dont have a day off untill spring break.
    Also there is this wine/ wistle that Is audible durring acceleration, I think it has something to do with it, I could hear it beofre but it now that I lost my radio its really anoying.

go to valvoline and get a fuel system flush.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

fuq_a_vtec...got anymore pics like the one in your avatar?
      2003 Spicy MSP

2003 Mazda Protege5 - traded

2001 Mazda MP3 #1476 - sold

Comment

i got lots, but unfortunately not anymore of the person depicted

im still waiting for special pics from her.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

damn, sweet...send some my way if you have a chance.
          2003 Spicy MSP

2003 Mazda Protege5 - traded

2001 Mazda MP3 #1476 - sold

Comment

From this morning its diffrent/better, now.
            There is less hessitation, and it does not feel like it is gonna stall out, anymore.
            But there is a significant loss of power in the upper rpms, and my shifts are more truck like then ever, especially when upshifting from high rpms.

I have had someone tell me that it is a transmision problem, is this possible?

Comment

have you recently high pressure washed yur motor?
              '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
              Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

I had the same symtoms before my engine finnaly quit running altogather and found that the problem was water inside the inner workings of the distributer (not the cap)
                best of luck!
                '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Havent pressure washed it but, it was raining pretty hard his morning though.
                  Besides 3rd gens dont have distributors. So I hope its nothing like that.

Comment

ahhhh ic 3rd gen...well a tranny problem wont cause motor hessitation so its best to check out fule or ignition systems

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CBlaze
                      I had the same symtoms before my engine finnaly quit running altogather and found that the problem was water inside the inner workings of the distributer (not the cap)
                      best of luck!
                      I was about to say, my civic did the same thing before the dizzy went out. Also, it might be a fuel filter. Could be a million things, check one thing at a time. My money is on the distributor....but that car doesn't have one!

Maybe the timing belt jumped a tooth?
                      Looking for an MP3 ECU, possibly swap for P5 ECU or shoot me a price

Comment

The problem could also be a clogged catalytic converter. Which could have been cause by ignition misfire or fuel related problems. Also check to make sure that there are no leaks in your air intake system.

-Jason

Comment

ok i had this problem on my eclipse but my eclipse had many problems so it might be one of the following
                          1. running offa 3 cylinders
                          2. computers broken
                          3. belt prollems

hope this helps anyone else figger out what it is

Comment

Originally posted by jas00x
                            The problem could also be a clogged catalytic converter. Which could have been cause by ignition misfire or fuel related problems. .

Clogged exhaust was my guess...symptoms are right on the money and it explains the unusually quiet operation.

Comment

Working...
                            X