4x100 PCD hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x100 PCD hubs

Has anyone looked at using the Kia Rio hubs to change our PCD for 4x114 to 4x100? The info I can find is that they may be the same just with a different PCD. This will open up more options with brake upgrades and wheel fitments.
    My Hiroshima Screamer

Most people just upgrade to bg 4wd hubs.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

True, but there are no BG 4WD's where I am, hell there are only 3 BF 4WD in South Africa. Also this would open up more brake upgrades and after market wheel choices. I have done some investigating this morning and the Kia Rio 98 - 04 uses the same hub as the BF 323 but is a 4x100 PCD. So now I can look at Brake upgrades with a 4x100 PCD as well.
      My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

From what I have read, the Rio hubs should work with BG brakes up front, and Miata rears with a spacer on the caliper. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising. An early 2000's Subaru hub may work too giving you 5x110, but that's just speculation.
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

I was looking at using The Opel/Vauxhall 280mm x 25mm disks up front and the Miata disks at the rear.
          My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

There was a guy that used ford aspire front center hubs to replace the 4x114 ones because he made an AWD BG tracer from a BF GTX and didn't want to sell his expensive 4x100 rims. It could be called a Ford Festiva as well (just make sure it's the egg shaped one, not the boxy one) He just inserted the Aspire centers into his BF hubs and used BG rotors and calipers I think. Google AWD tracer.
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Thanks man, but we didn't get the Ford Aspire or Festiva here. The only reason for me to swap to 4x100 hubs is that I can get 16" rims in 4x100 and If I stay with the 4x114 I have to use 17" rims. If I stay with the 4x114 then I will use the Volvo S40 Turbo front rotors 281mm x 25mm and the Volvo rear disk 260mm x 10mm.
              My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

I think the Kia Rio hubs are the same as Aspire hubs.
                sigpic
                1992 Familia GT-X
                1988 323 GTX
                2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

They look the same as the Mazda ones, same bearings and same CV, just 4x100 PCD.
                  My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

those will do then. I know for sure the RIO with wheel bolts is identical. Also I think the Mazda 121 bubble from 94 - 2000 is the same but don't quote me on that.
                    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Not sure if its been covered but what about the spline count on the axles? I would love to through BG hubs on my BF for the wheel options but thought the turbo axle splines were larger and more numerous (2wd in my case).

Also, on a side note, you being in south africa can you send a shipment of front and rear BF bumpers to the states? You'd be a hero and live on as a legend.
                      88 323 GT - 03 Protege5 - 07 Mazda 5

Comment

Spline count on the Rio hubs same as the BF ones. Yeah the front BF bumper is $40.19 at the current exchange rate, rear about the same, there are two rear ones. One with the number plate cut out and one with out. If you really want to get jealous then check this site out for bumpers that we get here. http://www.autostyle.co.za/vehicle-c...23-bantam.html
                        My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

^^ what he said. The RIO is loosely based on a BF
                          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

No freaking way! (that web site is unreal). I am going to pester them till the ship a set to Idaho. Wonder if we could orchestrate a group buy and fill up a shipping container....
                            88 323 GT - 03 Protege5 - 07 Mazda 5

Comment

I want to check out quality first, I have family in Fort Lauderdale so maybe I can arrange something through him.
                              My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Working...
                              X