Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to at a MP5 for my little bro. Looking at one, it has a bad engine vibration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to at a MP5 for my little bro. Looking at one, it has a bad engine vibration.

Im looking at Mp5s for my little brother's first car.

quick Backround; I used to work Lot at a Mazda dealer when the MP5's were new, I'm somewhat familiar with them. I'm a Rx7 nut myself, got a TII swapped FB. I have extensive automotive knowledge, skill and experience. Ive been looking at MP5s and I found one recently that is pretty nice (good first car for a 16yo). looking at Manual trans so he's got his hand on the shifter and not iphone. yada yada.

one im looking at has 150k, suspension still feels tight (as all the ones I have checked out, yay mazda), and the solid Mazda transmissions I have grown to love. But two things are bugging me.

minor, main gauge cluster is dim

Major, engine has a odd, heavy vibration. I've been reading posts, and symptoms seam to be noise related. The vib is definatly engine, 70mph, in gear, clutch disengaged; smooth. Reengage clutch and bring engine up, vibration is back. Increases in severity with rpm, can be felt strongly through the shifter, and mildly through the steering wheel and gas pedal.

to me it almost feels like a imbalance or slight misfire in the motor. Its from a dealer, and they're checking into it, but Im looking for some enthusiast info.

motor mounts are a huge weak point.....check for tears in the rubber,,, or someone could have gone to aftermarket poly mounts which vibrate like crazy but that is usually at idle

Comment

Working...
    X