BF GTX - Hot ignition switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF GTX - Hot ignition switch

What could be causing it? Aside from the hack DTA s60 install or the terrible wiring under my dash.

The interesting part is the switch seemed ok until I started using it without a cylinder. The cylinder jammed and so I've been using a screwdriver to start the car up. Switch keeps getting warmer and warmer now it's effin hot. Think I have damaged the switch?

So i guess my question is, has anyone else run into this? I am about to open the switch up and see what's happening in there.

Thanks
    Brandon
    1988 323 GTX

There is a big heavy blue wire passing through that switch. If it breaks, it can arc and get quite hot with all that current in it. Disconnect the battery before you go in there.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
    X