Opinions on wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on wheels

Well its tax time and i got my return checks, so its time to splurge on some stuff for my pro. Ive decided to get some rims and finish off my kit, but i went shopping yesterday and was looking for some 18" gunmetal or polished/chrome finished wheels. i came across these-

i can get them for only 400 bucks for the set, since hte guy who ordered them at the store fell through and they want rid of them. I was posting to get some opinions/feedback on what you think or if someone might suggest a wheel that i might like i would appreciate it. i was really looking for some Racing Hart CP-035Rs but im not paying 650 a wheel for them.
    Any help would be appreciated

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
    www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Not bad looking. Not too big a fan of 18's though. I think 16's and 17's are about as big a wheels as our cars should really have. To each their own though. Really good price, but the rubber's got to be spendy.
    2003 Protege5
    Midnight Blue MTX
    2002 Protege LX
    Black Mica MTX

Comment

if you dont want them id be willing to buy them through u.(u buy them and i buy them off u for the same price plus shipping.) but otherwise i think that 5 spoke chrome 18's look the best on our cars.

Comment

I love the 5 spoke design. they look great
        Sagaris

Comment

You have my approval!
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

Those wheels are awesome! And for $400... ARE YOU CRAZY? GET THEM NOW! LOL. I like them a lot.

Comment

I'm prolly gonna end up getting them early next week, ill have time to get them and figure out which tires im gonna get them wrapped in. hey plymouth, you only live like 20 minutes from me, so even if i decided not to put them on i wouldnt bother shipping them to ya, it would save you some money, but ill keep ya posted.

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

if those were 17's i'd say go for it...but if you've tuned your suspension, you obviously like to run the car...18's would hurt your performance...just my opinion.
                2003 Spicy MSP

2003 Mazda Protege5 - traded

2001 Mazda MP3 #1476 - sold

Comment

i like them man and for the price I like them even more!! Approved!
                  "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

very nice and at a price that can't be passed up. also moved to wheels and tires.

Comment

18s really don't make much of a noticeable difference in performance. Sure they are a bit slower but when it comes to handling I like them better. When I stepped up from 17s I gained an additional 1/2" in tire width, which feels great. Not to mention they look pimp.

Comment

they look wikkid..
                        18" is a big fat rim... just don't hit any potholes! like everybody else said... that's a SWEET deal you came across.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                        RB springs
                        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

yeah im really liking those wheels too, im gonna go with a 35 series tire, either yokohama paradas or pirelli pzero asymettricos. One question though, if i go with a bigger wheel/smaller tire, how is that going to hurt performance? i was under the impression that only if you didnt compensate by changing tire size that you would end up hurting performance. I also went looking too and found another wheel that im considering - the racing hart CR 6 spoke. I didnt know that the offset was available for our cars until yesterday, and i found them for only 272 a wheel. although it isnt as good of a deal as what those Rays rims are, they wanted 550 a wheel at discount tire when i went looking, and they told me that they offset wouldnt fit on my car.

Comment

theres the other wheel i was lookin at. 270.99 each

Comment

If you plan on running 18" wheels and you are going to lower it you will need to run a 45-48 offset.. These are the wheels i just bought for my 2003 P5.. run a 215-35-18 Yokahama prada Spec-2... Both the wheels you picked out should look great.....

Tom
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X