Drifting madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drifting madness

hey say, can you drift in a protege? the answer form my part is NO...there's no such as e-breaking
    any of you have ever tried drifting your protege??
    "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he how in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper, and the father of lost children. And I will strike down thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to destroy my brother. And they shall know my name is the lord when I raise my vengeance upon them."
    Ezekiel 25:17
    from Pulp Fiction

i live on a dirt road that has some good curves to it and i have definatly drifted both with and without using the e -brake. so just to comment, it can be done

Comment

Oh it can be done. Just pull that e-brake and drive.
      01 ES, jokingly referred to as the Slotege.

Get off my headlight dim biatch. I like it that way. Soon, I'll have enough stuff to make the car shut down because I'll be drawing too much power. Then I'll be happy.

Comment

they drift front wheel drive civics all the time, so it shouldnt be hard to drift the protege just takes some skill

Comment

Alot of guys will remove the e-brake switch in the handle so thy can just pull up and drop it.. So that way they dont have to worry about it staying on..

Comment

ive done it lots of times in my 02. i try not to do it so much anymore because its hell on my tires. im on my third set of tires in only 26000 miles.=) when my last set only had a little tread left, i went out and had some fun and f*cked the rest of the tread up. by the time i was done the front tires were bald and the rear tires had a flat spot.=)
            2002.5 protege dx

Comment

I do it all the time in a parking lot down the road from me(with e-brake)
              That's one good thing about MN winters
              1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
              Plus new
              1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

Dude just turn really hard!
                I had the car going one way and slideing near sideways with the hammer down.
                THe first time was by accident I figured my tires coudnt slide but when I took a turn at 60 it was just fun, and fully controlled.

Comment

definitelly drifted.... well, hydroplaned was more like it heh... new roads and rain dont mix

stupid curbs
                  2002 Protege LX
                  ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

Go to a site with hardcore drifters and say you can drift your fwd protege...ya gonna get flamed big time. Try to enter a competition with your protege.....your gonna get laughed at. So unless you acomplish those two things without getting ragged on, OFFICALLY no, your not drifting. I've seen a few fwd cars "drifting" pretty damn good though.
                    " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
                    Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
                    Painted calipers
                    Injen CAI
                    Custom exhaust
                    Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

kinda

It's pretty easy to induce oversteer by either handbraking or feinting, but the protege is way to front heavy and being fwd, you have little control over the back once it breaks loose. That being said, I have managed to slide the car sideways and make it look like its drifting, but it's impossible (i think) to drift very far because the car slows down pretty quickly. Try yanking the handbrake and see for yourself.
                      Personal 1/4 mile: 57 sec @ 14 mph
                      Haven't tried with the pro yet...

Comment

It's easy to drift in a protege just douce all of your wheels with tire-shine until soaked and then go really really fast and pull up the e-brake

Comment

I did it with the red 323.. Damn those brakes were crazy..

I have pulled the ebrake on the silver 323 also .. got sideways plenty times but not a real drift...
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

you can do it, the car lift throttle oversteers really nicely. Dont know about stock form though. You can do a Scandinavian Flick (aka Feint) and get the car to drift as well, left foot braking is another method of it as is Late Braking into a corner...its possible just not as pretty as RWD cars do it.

Comment

not trying to be rude, but dragging your ass is NOT drifting...get a rwd car if you want to drift

Comment

Working...
                              X