Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass Roots Motorsports $200_ Challenge

Has anybody entered in this??
    Tell us about it, what car did you use, how'd you do? What ghetto mods did you make with the budget and so on.
    I've been thinking about this for a while and really want to try it out sometime, but probably won't happen for a few years.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

I'll be entering with the boss this year. We'll be using a 90 somethng Oldsmobile Acheiva SCX that we got for $500. We'll probably juice it for the drag strip among other things. If that for some reason falls through, I may go in with another fellow racer and his Datsun 510 wagon.
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

I help out at the event, since it's held here in Gainesville. Nothing official, just do what I can.

Haven't entered yet...
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I went to the $2002 Challenge. Didn't enter, I watched and helped out. It was a blast.

Wanted to go to the $2003, but was in California waiting to go to Iraq instead.

Next year, I'm there for sure. I'll most likely be watching and helping out again. But it's fun no matter what.
        "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
        2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Working...
        X