Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Rebuild

Hey guys,

Well, looks like the local tire shop has screwed me on this one. After servicing my car, they left me 2 qts low on oil and consequently, my engine began to develop some strange tapping sounds- and sure enough its the rod bearings. Fortunately they don't seem to bad right now (I am not driving the car though). I'm hoping I can get away with just replacing the bearings (if the crank is OK).
    Right now, I'm trying to get the tire shop to pay to fix the car at the Mazda Dealer. But if that doesn't work out (knowing my luck), I'm looking into fixing the problem myself.
    So far I have removed to oil pan as a friend of mine with a Honda suggested I could get to the bottom end that way. However, there seems to be a base plate that is bolted/glued onto the bottom of the engine and also mates with the tranny- can this "plate" come off without removing the tranny or other parts?

I'm not planning on doing anything else untill I have a service manual, but a little heads-up would be helpful if any one's done this before. Hopefully the tire shop corporate guy will come through and I can have it fixed at a dealer.

Thanks,

Jason
Working...
X