trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trunk

im wanst sure if this is the right section to put this in, but has anyone dynamat'ed or somethign like dynamat, and if so do you have any pics of the car after?

I'll stick this in the Audio section

I have some pics (i think) but it was mostly removed at the time of the pic...if i can find them.

Comment

well, no pics, but i used rammat60 on my roof, floor, doors, rear deck, and most of the trunk

Comment

where can i get rammat from?? and is it just as good as dynamat

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy
          where can i get rammat from?? and is it just as good as dynamat
          yeah, it's the same stuff as dynamat exteme. there are many companies that have dynamat alternative. i don't have the link to the rammat site where i bought mine. it was a special promotion website i have saved on my home computer. but e-dead is just as good, from what i hear, and you can buy in smaller than a full roll (rammat comes in a 60 sq ft roll).

before you go putting sound damping on everything in your trunk, read this website. it gives a good explanation of what should be done.

Comment

one tip for you, use a REALLY good cleaner on the surfaces you attatch the **** on, ie... not just window cleaner, but something that won't leave a residue. also, a heat gun is in VERY good order on taking on this task... as well as a set of mechaniks gloves (easier on your hands), a wooden roller, and a good back end of a screw driver to press the matting into corners just my suggestion.
            peace

Comment

There is a guy on SoundDomain who Dynamatted his entire 2001 Pro sedan. His member ID is leebanger. He used a ton of the stuff, but I bet his stuff sounds kick ass.
              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
              Groundkit

Comment

cleaning everything with denatured alcohol (buy a gallon, it's cheap) will help, but is not necessary with the dynamat extreme, and the copies of it, because of the backing material will stick to just about anything

Comment

got rider69 website, he used edead on his car and has good pics of it.
                  '02 classic red p5
                  currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Working...
                  X