How to install a MSD Blaster coil Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install a MSD Blaster coil Help

Has anyone install a MSD blaster coil in there 2nd protege. Can this be done,if it can give me some step by step info how to in the MSD coil.

a user named Marcio knows ...
    look him up and email him.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I never did a MSD but I have a Crane Hi 6 ignition in my Protege. It requires opening the dist and splicing in wires ,if your not familar with this type of work I recommend getting some to do it for you.
      98 protege lx 1.8l
      short ram intake custom
      crane hi-6 ign.
      14 miata alloy wheels
      .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

how you install the crane ignition

how you install the crane ignition some step by step info or some pics of how to install the ignition. please

Comment

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh MSD ON A PROTEGE!!! YOUR GOING TO EXPERIENCE HELL I KNOW!!!!!!!!
          Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Why the MSD was hell

Why the MSD was hell. What happen

Comment

I don't have any pics as I did it 2 years ago. Its hard to explain but you need to take the dist. apart and locate where the connectors go to the ign coil and solder wires at the coil as the wires go to the coil and other components inside the dist.that still need to fuction . Then route the new wires to the outside . The Hi 6 has a heavy red that goes to Bat+ and a heavy black thats Bat-, the small red goes to the + wire you ran from the coil and a white that goes to the - you ran. The orange wire goes to + coil (OEM or aftermarket whichever you use) and the small black to - . To use the Hi 6 on a 4cyl app. you need to join the blue wire to the small red wire. Sorry if it sounds confusing but I hope it helps.
              98 protege lx 1.8l
              short ram intake custom
              crane hi-6 ign.
              14 miata alloy wheels

my protege

Comment

I still have my MSD ignition which i'm keeping for my BP. WEll i'll tell u why its hell, when the place who was installin it said it would be around 80, they said it wont work cause my distributor had 3 wires, instead of two..... so they tried to charge me 350 dollars for NOT putting it in. So when im bout to get the BP motor running.. i will end up sending it to Marcio probably to put it in lol. **** Them Performance Shops who can't put **** in! MARCIO IS DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!..... i'll be quiet now...

Comment

I getting a MSD Baster coil 3 real cheap with the wire for it. Will the MSD coil make any difference and will it work on my Z5 engine.Some help please.

Comment

anyone who does it ...
                    please take pics. cause I am confused to all hell...
                    I would need to see a diagram.
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I told you it would by hard to explain.LOL
                      98 protege lx 1.8l
                      short ram intake custom
                      crane hi-6 ign.
                      14 miata alloy wheels

my protege

Comment

So my MSD blaster coil will work by itself or i have to get the ignition box.

Comment

Your coil would work by itself. I mean the aftermarket coil basically makes a larger spark than the stock coil, while theignition box makes multiple sparks. So to gain the best performance, you would need the ignition box. I'll see if i can find the diagrams. I think its for teh 1.5l but it may not be different.

Comment

so the Blaster coil will work find on my Z5 engine.Now how install it what wires for what

Comment

so the Blaster coil will work find on my Z5 engine.Now how install it what wires for what

Comment

Working...
                              X